Tonight…on this Bastille Day 14th July 2020… on “Radio Treasures” broadcast on Cork Music Station 9:30 to 11:00pm we feature our regular items with a splendid blend of uplifting songs and music as well as a variety of interesting musings. Among the Treasures to feature tonight:
- Reviewing the new Historic Collection presented by Eileen Cronin whose interview a fortnight ago proved hugely popular with among the many Listeners a lady from a very famous family. This week Eileen shares a very rare 1916 Military Sports Programme which Major John Robson sent to Eileen in the 1960s.
- We hear about Millstreet Community Singers at Kanturk Community Hospital. And we listen to one two of their songs.
- We especially remember the late Evelyne Perrot of Pommerit le Vicomte as well as Mary Quinn of Co. Clare both recently deceased. We recall Anne Keane on her First Anniversary.
- We hear some very special songs such a “Flying by” composed by Davy Ryan and “When the Robins Return” wonderfully sung by Paudie McAuliffe from Shrone. At the request of Pat and Olive Monaghan in Nevada Finbar Furey’s “The Old Man”. And with the help of James Wickham of Minnesota, USA we hear the amazing singing voice of Kate Smith – the “American Dame Vera Lynn”.
- We listen to a brief interview at 10pm with Patrick W. O’Leary of Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- We talk about Jerry Pat O’Leary’s superb recent 90 minute Podcast.
- And we chat about the images shared here: