We love people to comment on millstreet.ie, indeed it’s a great way of getting people involved, but over time we have found that some have tried to take advantage of the facility to post inappropriate comments on the site, so we now moderate all comments before they are published 🙁
Because of this, it may be a little while before your comment is approved.
Here are some of the reasons why your email may be rejected are:
- Play nice: This is not a platform for personally abusive or insulting comments, inappropriate content, foul language, offensive material, abusive or off-topic comments – all will be deleted
- Racist, sexist and homophobic comments will all be deleted,
- Be yourself: Impersonating any other individual or organisation may get you banned, so please use your correct email and name
- No repeated posts please, and no marketing/sales messages – they will be deleted
- No spam – they just make us angry !!!
- Campaigning by people not from Millstreet – we’d like the people from Millstreet to make their own minds up without outside influence.
- Anything that might be inappropriate in a small community will not be tolerated … most of us know everyone else, and meet on the street every other day.
Some comments that make a good point, but have some objectionable content may have the objectionable bit of the comment removed. It will be marked where this has happened.
We’re pretty liberal and thankfully we haven’t had to block many comments, but better safe than sorry.
The above rules will be also applies to our pages on Facebook and Twitter.
thanks for your understanding
the admins at Millstreet.ie