- Millstreet Athletic Club was re-established in 2012, it now has 80+ members of all ages (Facebook)
- Duhallow Athletic Club situated in North County Cork. We encourages runners, joggers and walkers to join us and get involved in the world of fitness! (Facebook)
- A lot of people run in Millstreet. The Town Park has a half mile circuit, on tar of grass, the Glebe is a popular 5 mile run, and many of the roads around the town offer different different challenges to runners.
We have the world famous Green Glens, but you’ll have to travel a little to get to a ride out:
- Zumba with Linda – Millstreet GAA Hall Friday 7pm, Aubane Community Centre 8:30pm. lindaflanagan.zumba.com | Facebook
- Tai Chi, Yoga, and Meditation – Canon O Donovan Centre. Contact Irina: 085-7180291 | <email> | Facebook
- Set Dancing – 9pm every Monday night in the Aubane Community Centre (Sept-May) Facebook. Set Dancing is also on Wednesday nights in Ballydaly Hall during the winter, and it’s also in Dromtariffe Parish Hall.
- Pilates – Classes in Pilates with ease / Power Pilates, at the Loft. Contact Aoife @ 087-9634676 | Facebook, or the Loft Millstreet
- MetaFit – Classes at Dromtariffe Parish Hall. Contact Alan @ 087 752 6209 | Facebook
- Fit Club Millstreet – Healthy Active Lifestyle, 30min workouts for all ages and fitness levels, Cardio, strength and nutrition, Community based and fun! Based in the Town Park. Contact Jennifer @ 0879491576 | Facebook
- Millstreet Anglers Association – With seven different fishing rivers in the area there’s something for all levers of anglers. Coolefield House
- Kilcorney Angling & Leisure Group –
- Millstreet GAA Club are an Intermediate Football club in Cork, playing in Division 4, a Junior Hurling Club in the Duhallow division, and are a well established Scór club (Twitter) (<email>)
- Millstreet Juvenile GAA Club have teams playing from Under 6 to Minor (under 18) playing football and hurling in the Rebel Óg North Cork Division, and are an active in Scór. (Facebook) (<email>)
- Millstreet Camogie Club have Junior and underage teams playing in Cork. (Facebook)
- Dromtariffe Ladies Football Club – The Millstreet ladies play underage and junior football with Dromtariffe. Facebook
- St.John’s GAA Club – Cork’s newest GAA club play Junior B football in the Duhallow division, and are a very successful Scór club. Facebook
- Cullen GAA Club are a Football Club from Cullen that play Junior football in the Duhallow division. Juvenile Club on Facebook
- Dromtarriffe GAA Club –
Golf / Pitch and Putt
- Millstreet Golf Society – is a group of local golfing entheusaists that organise numberous outings to different gold clubs every year. Denis @ 087-9527880 or Jer @ 087 7932736
- Millstreet Pitch & Putt Club is a nine hole course located in the Town Park which is open most of the year. Visitors always welcome.
- Kanturk Golf Club is located just 10 miles away. kanturkgolf.com
- Macroom Golf Club is located just 13 miles away. macroomgolfclub.com
- Millstreet Coursing Club is over 100 years old and holds it annual two day meet around the New Year (Facebook) (archive)
- There are lots of greyhound owners in the Millstreet area, who run every week at the top greyhound tracks in Munster and further afield. (archive)
- Banteer Schooling Track for greyhounds is located beside Lyre village. 087-2806183 (14km)
- The Loft Millstreet have classes in pilates, fitball, circuits, spinning, spin and tone, weight loss, pump and sculpt at their gym at the West End.
theloftmillstreet.ie | Facebook | 087-6856930
- Millstreet Community Gym – located in the old Boys National School at the entrance to the Town Park and operated by the Town Council. As of Sept 30th 2014, it is closed for refurbishment. <email> | Facebook
- The Outdoor Gym in Millstreet Town Park is free for all and consists of 24 exercise stations on the walking circuit [Millstreet Outdoor Gym]
- Millstreet Tae Kwon Do is a strong club and compete internationally. Classes begin for 5 years and up. Master Dalton runs the classes at the GAA Hall. 085-7119612 | Facebook
- Muskerry Judo Sambo Club – Judo, Sambo, and Combat Sambo club based in Macroom. Very strong club with some international fighters. Facebook
- MMA, Kickboxing and Fitness – C4 Mixed Martial Arts, Macroom – Facebook
- Munster Car Club – The Cork ’20’ Rally has been held in Millstreet for the last two years. Millstreet is often considered the spiritual home of rallying with so many great drivers from the region such as Billy Coleman, Ger Buckley, the Falveys and Moynihans <email> | Facebook | Twitter
- There are a number of paragliders in Millstreet who fly off local moutains Clara and Mushera, as well as mountains in Kerry and throughout Munster. Contact Donal @ 086-3470917
Kids need to keep fit and active too! All these outdoor playgrounds are located at:
- Millstreet Town Park
- Kilcorney (across the road from the Church)
- Banteer Sports Field (up the hill from the GAA pitch & the pond)
- Rathmore (Beside the Community Centre) (11km)
- The closesest indoor Play Centres are in Mallow (Little Rascals) and Killarney (Buddies)
- Kilcorney Road Bowling Club have bowling on the roads around Kilcorney many Sundays throughout the year. irishroadbowling.ie
- Los Zarcos‘ pitch is
down the Station Road at the top of the Town Park, and they play in Division 3A of the Cork AUL. Facebook
- Rathcoole Rovers FC play in Division 2A of the Cork AUL, and have underage teams. Alfie @ 087-2733385
- For those that want to play casually, astro turf pitches are available in Millstreet Town Park, Kilcorney, Banteer (indoor), Clondrohid, and Rathmore. Indoor facilities for playing are at Millstreet Community School, Kilcorney Hall, and Dromtariffe Hall.
- Millstreet Celtic FC‘ pitch is on the top of Millstreet Town Park, and they play in division 1A of the Cork AUL. Facebook (the club is now disbanded as of 2016 🙁 ). Keim Celtic (Cloghoula) also played for a few years in the Cork AUL.
Unfortunately, Millstreet doesn’t have a swimming pool 🙁 The closest ones are:
- Castle Hotel Macroom (16m + kids etc)- CastleHotel.ie (distance 13 miles)
- Killarney Sports and Leisure Complex (25m kids etc) CoralLeisure.ie (distance 20 miles)
- Mallow Swimming Pool (25m pool) Facebook (distance 22 miles)
Walking / Hill Walking
Walking around Millstreet is one of the most popular ways of stretching the muscles and getting in some fresh air. We have has some of the best Hill walking terrain in the country, with the Clara Loop, the Blackwater Way, the Bere-Breifne Way among some of the better known walks locally. See our detailed article on Hill Walking in the area.
Millstreet Country Park has 12 miles of trails for walking and enjoying the countryside MillstreetCountryPark.ie
- Millstreet Walking Festival is on in April every year
- Millstreet Town Park has a floodlit half mile walking circuit around the pitches
- Many people use these areas to walk in Millstreet Town (with footpaths and lighting): Drishane Road, Station Road, Clara Road /Mount Leader Industrial Estate, Liscahane (but please make sure you can be seen with a high-vis vest or lamp at night time).
- Kayaking – While there is no Kayaking Club, some local enthusiasts take to the Blackwater in Millstreet from where you can travel 90 miles to the sea in Youghal. (archive)
- Carrig Waterski and Wakeboard Centre – Carrigadrochid 086-0757180 | <email> | carrigwaterski.ie | (17 miles from Millstreet)
- It doesn’t snow too often, but when it does, the best fun for children and adults alike is to head for local hills with a strong plastic bag from a farm, fill it with snow, and find a smooth steep slope to slide down on (Tire Tubing has also been a thing with a few years). It’s just too much fun.