- The HSE has said no full-time GP service for Rathmore. Rathmore currently has a three-day a week GP service operating from the newly refurbished St Joseph’s Day Care Centre, and have to travel to Millstreet outside these days [Kerry Radio]
- Yesterday was the 96th anniversary of the first execution under martial law of an IRA man. Con Murphy, Ballydaly was shot by firing squad ( 1st Feb 1921). Murphy’s Terrace was named after him [The Execution of Con Murphy]
- Yesterday was also St. Bridget’s Day, and one of Seán Radley’s photos of the statue of St.Bridget in Millstreet Church was shared in Brasil ! [ Jonatã F. Russo De Moura]
- The Presentation N.S. were so delighted to welcome so many Grandparents to the special mass to celebrate Grandparents’ Day Catholic Schools Week. Here we share some photographs from the special occasion. [Presentation N.S]
- Farm for Sale: There’s an 81 acre farm for sale in Killetragh. It’s profiled in the Irish Examiner today [Irish Examiner] [maps]
- Jobs: Due to expansion of the business Alps are recruiting for a Logistics Manager … [Irish Jobs]
- Around the districts: Kilcorney / Dromtarriffe: Cancer bus fundraiser at Moll Carthy’s Bridge, Dromtariffe Active Retirement, and Bowling notes [The Corkman]
CREEDON (Laught, Rathcoole): On February 1, 2017, peacefully, in the tender care of the staff of the Bon Secours Hospital, Cork, NORA (nee Forde), beloved wife of the late Jerry and loving mother of Eileen (O’Sullivan), Con, Pádraig and Mary Ita (Cronin). Sadly missed by her loving sons, daughters, daughter-in-law Colette, sons-in-law Jim and John, grandchildren Diarmuid, Mairead, Gillian, Gerard, Nora, Diarmuid, Tomás and Ellen, nieces, nephews, grandnieces, grandnephews, great-grandnephews, great-grandnieces, relatives, neighbours and friends.
Reposing in Tarrant’s Funeral Home, Millstreet on today (Thursday) from 6pm to 8pm, followed by removal to St Patrick’s Church, Millstreet. Requiem Mass on tomorrow (Friday) at 12 noon, followed by burial in St Mary’s Cemetery, Millstreet. In iothlainn Dé go dtugtar sinn.