Airtricity would like to invite applications from community-based projects/activities in the vicinity of our wind farm at Coomacheo, near Millstreet, Co. Cork The funds will be allocated to projects from all aspects of community but in particular to economic, social, cultural and educational, however preference will be given to projects that have an environmental theme. Preference will also be given to projects which are linked to sustainable local activities.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th August 2009. Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 30th August 2009.
For an application form and further details contact Caroline Dunne, Airtricity, Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18. Telephone 01 6556673. Email – <email>.
Note. The above is an advert from Airtricity. But you can read here where projects in Tournafulla (Limerick) received €50,000 in grants. http://www.airtricity.com/ireland/media_center/press_releases/list_all/Airtricity_presents_50,000_to_Tournafulla_Community_Fund_projects22.07.pdf
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are the Rules (“Rules”), which apply to Airtricity Community Fund Awards (“Awards”) only, unless otherwise expressly stated. By applying, applicants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Coomacheo Community Fund Awards 2009 is organised by Airtricity Limited having a trading address at Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18 (“Airtricity”).
3. Airtricity reserves the right to cancel or amend the Community Fund Awards, and these Rules at any time without prior notice.
4. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Airtricity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to apply for the “Coomacheo Community Fund Awards 2009” the organisation/group must be resident within the vicinity of Coomacheo Wind Farms. Individuals may not apply in their own right.
6. Organisations/groups that, in the sole un-fettered discretion of Airtricity, have as members and/or are associated with or influenced by employees of Airtricity or any company contractually involved with Airtricity in the construction or development of any Airtricity wind farm or any other company connected with Airtricity or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to apply for the Awards. Airtricity reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all applicants.
7. By submitting an application, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
8. Airtricity reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
9. If an applicant is disqualified from the Award, Airtricity in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement applicant should be selected. In this event, any further applicant will be selected on the same criteria as the original applicant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per organisation/group per Award is allowed.
11. Proposals will be accepted from all aspects of community life – economic, social, and educational. However, preference will be given to proposals that have an environmental theme and/or are linked to sustainable local activities.
12. All applications must be submitted on an official application form. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. Application forms are available from Caroline Dunne, Airtricity, Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18. Tel: 01-6556673 or email: <email>.
13. The Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm, Friday 29th May 2009. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Each application will be assessed by a panel of judges made up of Airtricity personnel or external judges selected by Airtricity. This assessment will take place within 3 weeks of the closing date for receipt of entries. It is essential that the contact person nominated in the application is available during this period to clarify points raised in the application.
14. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
15. Award winner(s)’ will be contacted on or before Friday 30th August 2009. Award winner(s)’ names may be published on the Airtricity website.
16. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Airtricity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. 50% of the amount awarded will be paid by cheque to the successful applicant with the balance being paid upon receipt of the required progress reports and updates.
18. 50% of the amount awarded will be paid by cheque to the successful applicant with the balance being paid upon receipt of the required progress reports and updates, which must be submitted within 6 months, failure to do so will result in exclusion from future applications.
Intellectual Property Rights
21. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Airtricity reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
22. Airtricity does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any applicant entering the Community Fund Award Scheme or as a result of accepting any award.
Data Protection and Publicity
23. It is a condition of accepting an Award that all winners will agree to co-operate with a reasonable amount of related promotional activity whereby Airtricity may publish winners’ names and non-detailed addresses, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings.
24. Any personal data relating to applicants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
How to contact us
25. You may contact us in relation to the Coomacheo Community Fund Awards 2009 by writing to Caroline Dunne , Airtricity, Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18. Tel 01 6556673, email at <email>.