Millstreet Town Park received €7,500 from the Cork County Council Community Fund, towards their new outdoor fitness equipment. The note below is from Cllr John Paul O’Shea:
Over €75,000 was allocated to communities across the Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District Area this week as part of Cork County Council’s Community Fund. The fund was established to support community and voluntary groups who wish to undertake capital development projects in their respective villages and towns.
Welcoming the allocations, Chairman of the Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District, Cllr. John Paul O’ Shea (Ind) said “The commitment of Cork County Council to allocate monies to these deserving projects is indeed a very welcome announcement for community groups within the Kanturk and Mallow areas. This funding will undoubtedly benefit the many community and voluntary organisations who have worked extremely hard in recent months planning for such developments in their respective communities and I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour becoming a reality during the coming months”.
The communities and organisations to benefit from this funding are as follows:
- Ballyclough Community Sports & Development Committee – €5,500
- Freemount GAA Club – €5,500
- Lombardstown Tennis Club – €7,000
- Mourneabbey Community Council – €9,000
- Newmarket CYMS – €7,500
- Newmarket GAA – €5,500
- Glash School Community LTD – €7,500
- Buttevant Community Council – €6,000
- Meelin Community Sports Complex – €7,500
- Millstreet Town Park – €7,500
- Irish Red Cross Mallow/Charleville – €7,000
Also, Cork County Council has this week awarded over €37,500 to 46 community & voluntary groups throughout the new Kanturk/Mallow Municipal District Area as part of its annual Amenity Grant Scheme.
The grants have been given to a variety of groups including Tidy Towns Committees, Resident Associations, GAA Clubs, Community Councils, Youth Clubs, Development Associations and many sporting organisations…
Local recipients were
- Millstreet Aubane Social Club – €300
- Milstreet Mens Shed – €1,200
- Millstreet Tidy Towns Tourism Association – €600
See the full article and list of recipients on John Paul O’Shea’s website.