PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica – 9th November, 2014
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Connie O’Keeffe, Milton Keynes & Ballydesmond; Willie Moynihan, Coalpits & London; Margaret Kelleher, Carriganima.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 8th November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Thomas Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 9th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Jerome O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Timmy John O’Riordan, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Noreen & Mary Murphy, Inchileagh.
Anniversaries: Jack Kelleher, Aubane; Nannie O’Donoghue, Lackabawn; Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road; Willie Murphy, Killarney Road;Neily & Kathleen Dineen, Murphy’s Terrace; Brenda Kirk,West End & Dublin; Frank O’Riordan; Willie C & Babe Han O’Riordan, Main Street; Pat Buckley, Liscahane; Mary Buckley, Liscahane; Mary Fitzgerald, Cloghoulamore; Patrick & Sheila Murphy, Coolikerane; James O’Sullivan, Tubber; Timothy & Mary O’Mahony, Flintfield; Christy Morley, Lislehane; Sheila Murphy, Cahirbarnagh; Ellen O’Callaghan, Aglish; Catherine Kelleher, Carriganima; Sean & Pat Sheehan, Killavullen; Elizabeth & Timothy Sheehan, Killavullen; Maudie Collins, Tralee; Sheila Murphy, San Francisco & Curraaraigue.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 15th November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Aidan Burke, Drishanemore
Sunday 16th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Deceased members of the Carroll Family,
Cullen 10.15 am. Andy & Kitty Walsh, Knocknageeha &
Dan Meade, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Sheila Kelleher, The Laurels, Minor Row
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week – unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Teresa Tangney, Main Street (recently deceased) at the request of the INTO at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for The Holy Souls at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Neily & Kathleen Dineen, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 15th/16th November
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia Murphy||Group H|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (16th): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for The Holy Souls & The deceased members of Cullen GAA Club.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SOCIETY for 16th & 23rd November Group E
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
PERMANENT DIACONATE: On next Saturday 15th November, Conor Bradley, Miltown Parish & Jean Yves Letanneur will be ordained to the Permanent Diaconate by Bishop Ray Browne in the Cathedral, Killarney at 12 noon. We pray God’s blessing on their ministry amongst us in the coming years. All are welcome to attend the ceremony.
BLESSING OF THE GRAVES – MILLSTREET
The Blessing of Graves in Millstreet will take place this Sunday 10th November:
CHURCHYARD CEMETERY: After 11.30a.m. Mass
- MARY’S CEMETERY: 12.45p.m.
DRISHANE CEMETERY: 1.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET & DISTRICT HOUSING AGM will be held on Monday 10th November at 7.30p.m. in The Canon O’Donovan Centre. All welcome.
- CULLEN YOUNG AT HEART: Committee meeting on Thursday (13th) at 8.00p.m.
- CULLEN PIPE BAND will hold a Race night fundraiser in Flemings Pub, Cullen on Saturday 15th November. First race 8.00p.m. For further details contact (087) 6333793
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent Church Gate Collections for Sr. Consilio
- IRISH CANCER SUPPORT presents Man to Man – a meeting to support men living with advanced prostrate caner in Cork on 18th November in The Gresham Metropole Hotel between 6.30 & 8.00p.m. To book a place ring (01) 6188460 or email: <email> by Wednesday 12th
- THANK YOU: The staff at Holy Family N.S., Rathmore, sincerely thanks all who supported their recent Coffee morning & Cake Sale in memory of the late Helen Herlihy. The total raised for Cancer Care is €4,100.00.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Retreat for 2nd & Junior Cert Students on Tuesday 18th November in Millstreet Parish Centre. Anyone able to host two of the young adult team members the night before please contact John Magee at the school.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Food intolerance night at Aubane on Tuesday 11the November at 8.00p.m. Free testing on the night. Admission is free