CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK
The Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 26th January, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Joan Crane-Lynch, Lislehane, Cullen & Las Vegas
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Moynihan Family, Lyreaoune
Cullen 10.15 a.m. James Hickey, Meenskehy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Bertie & Kate Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace
Anniversaries: Chrissie Mullane, Dromnahilla; Patrick O’Mahony, Lackabawn; Nora & Dan Joe Carroll, Tullig; Denis & Ellen Murphy, Tullig; Nora & Peter Dineen, Cloghoula; Theresa McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Joan Murphy, Knocknakilla; Peter Desmond, Claramore; Margaret Mullane, Coolikerane; Patrick Kearney, Lisnaboy; Tade & Mary Murphy, Knocknagree; Kattie O’Mahony, Murphy’s Terrace & Ballincollig; Joe & Paddy Barrett, Newmarket.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 1st February (Feast of St. Brigid):
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Nell & Denis Hickey Mill View
Sunday 2nd February (Candlemas Day):
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Willie Neenan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Con Shine, Lislehane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara Road
Candles to be used during the year will be blessed during mass
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish & Grandparents Day at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Donie & Mary Murphy, West End at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 1st/2nd February
|6.30 p.m.||Michéal Gleeson||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Aisling O’Riordan||Group B|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Saturday in Ballydaly Church between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. All welcome.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (2nd): Billy O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Tim & Ellen Houlihan and Margaret & Pat O’Connell.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 2nd & 9th February: Group C
MILLSTEET CHURCH COLLECTORS for the month of February: Group 1. Vigil Mass: V. O’Callaghan, C. O’Donoghue, S. Sheehan & J. Lawlor. 11.30a.m. J. O’Riordan, P. Tarrant, J. Cronin, D. Dineen & D. Dennehy.
- MILLSTREET PRESENTATION SCHOOL wish to invite those attending Mass for Grandparents on Wednesday morning for refreshments to the GAA Hall after Mass.
- ENROLEMENT PRESENTATION N.S for September 2020 can be downloaded from their website or collected from the school between 10.00a.m. & 3.00p.m. All forms to be returned by 6th Website: www.millpresns.weebly.com
- TABLE QUIZ on Friday 31st January in Millstreet GAA Hall. This is to help cover travel/accommodation cost for two 5th year students from Millstreet Community School who will be going to Lourdes as helpers at Easter. Table of four €40
- MILLSTREET DAY CARE CENTRE: Annual Church gate collection next weekend 1st/2nd Your continued support is appreciated.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPEICAL NEEDS: Annual weigh-in continues every Monday night at 8.00p.m. Preceded by walk with a break at 8.30 for motivational talk.
- ROUND THE FIRESIDE: Millstreet will feature on two “Round the Fireside” programmes on this Monday night (27th) & Monday 3rd between 10.05 & 11.00p.m.
- RATHMORE PANTO 2020: “The old woman who lived in the shoe” will take place in Rathmore Hall from Tuesday 28th The booking office (across from Rathmore Church) will be open between 2.00 & 6.00p.m.
- THANK YOU from Epilepsy Ireland for the support of their recent Church gate collection. Total collected €883.40
- AUSOME AUTISM CONFERENCE in Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork on 29th March between 9.00 & 5.00p.m. Further details on konfidentkidz.ie