VTOS have two upcoming course in general learning (FETAC Level 3, and FETAC Level 4) read below for the details:
VTOS Q Centre, Mallow
FETAC Level 3 National Certificate in General Learning 3M0874
This VTOS course is designed to provide second chance education to adults who did not complete second level education. The aim is to improve the general education level of participants so that they can progress to further education or employment. Adult education guidance will be available for all participants.
- Communications Art
- Mathematics Woodwork
- Personal Development Tourism
- Study Skills Nutrition & Healthy Options
- Computer Applications Work Experience
(Course content is subject to change).
1 year full time, 5 days per week Component Certificates are awarded when individual modules are completed. A FETAC Level 3 National Certificate in General Learning is awarded on completion of 60 credits.
VTOS East Cork Further Education and Youthreach Centre, Youghal
FETAC Level 4 National Certificate in General Learning 4M2010
The General Learning course offers students the opportunity to engage in a variety of subjects, all of which are certified by FETAC at Level 4. This course would be of particular interest to adults who may have left school early, or those who have not completed the Leaving Certificate or its equivalent
- Communications Work Experience
- Mathematics Teamworking
- Personal Development Career Planning
- Computer Applications Study Skills
- Information Technology Skills
(Course content is subject to change).
1 year full time, 5 days per week Component Certificates are awarded when individual modules are completed. A FETAC Level 4 National Certificate in General Learning is awarded on completion of 90 credits.
VTOS courses are provided free of charge. If you are currently receiving a Job
Seeker’s Allowance or Benefit, you will instead get a training allowance at a rate
equivalent to the maximum rate of unemployment benefit. If you are getting a
one-parent family payment or an eligible disability payment, you will get a
payment equivalent to the maximum rate of your current social welfare payment.
You will continue to receive it and all other payments from the Department of
Social Protection. You will receive a small lunch allowance and, depending on
the distance between your home and the VTOS centre, you may be entitled to a
travel allowance. Books and materials will be supplied. Childcare support may be
available. A bonus payment of €20 is payable if you have been in receipt of
certain eligible social welfare payments for at least one year directly before you
join VTOS. Conditions may apply.
You are eligible for VTOS if:
Aged 21 or over and:
- In receipt of Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseekers Benefit or signing for credits for at least six months or
- In receipt of one-parent family payment, disability allowance, disability benefit* or invalidity pension for at least six months or
- Are a dependent spouse of an eligible person for at least six months or
- In receipt of blind person’s pension, deserted wife’s allowance/benefit, widow/widowers contributory/non-contributory pension or prisoner’s wife’s allowance for at least six months. (Conditions may apply). Periods spent on FAS training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.
(*People on Disability Benefit should, in the first instance, contact their local Social
Welfare Office about exemption/entitlement to continuation of their Disability
The General Learning Programme provides adults with a fresh start to learn basic core
skills needed for employment, further study and daily life. Small group classes provide
an excellent environment to learn new skills and make new friends. A high level of tutor
support is available to all learners. The course aims to enable students to enrich their
daily lives, progress on to FETAC level 4 or 5 courses or return to the workplace.
For further information on VTOS please contact
Tel: 028 40290