Second Sunday of Advent – 6th December 2009
Fr. Declan O’Connor P.P. Fr. David Gunn C.C. & Fr. Micheál Manning A.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043 / Cullen 029-79028 / Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
Parish Office Opening Hours: Monday – Tuesday – Friday:
10.00a.m-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m-5.00p.m
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Sheila O’Callaghan, Charleville & late of Pound Hill
Pat O’Connell, Tullig
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday, December 5th:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis & Kitty O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Cullen Vigil 8.00 p.m. Willie Joe & Peggy O’Keeffe, Knockduff
Sunday, December 6th
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Denis Cashman & Fr. Michael Cashman, Tullig
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Pat, Margaret & Dan O’Connor, Ballydaly Lower
Cullen 10.30 a.m. Francie Herlihy, Glountane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Denis Buckley, Mountleader
Anniversaries: Angela Cronin, Willowbrook
Johnny Murphy, Balldaly Lower
Con Buckley, Dooneen
Denis, Catherine & Hugh Kelleher, Killowen
Bobby Cronin, The Rectory, Millstreet
Jack Kelleher, Dromsciane
Helen Corkery, Dublin
Patrick Cronin, Aungaloor
Sean & Helena Hegarty, Dublin
Donie & Patrick Long, Lyre
Noreen O’Keeffe-Finn, Millstreet & Dromina
Mass Intentions for Feast of the immaculate conception:
Monday December 7th:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. John, Mary & Mike Brosnan, Rathduane
Cullen 8.00 p.m. Peg Murphy, Lisnaboy
Sunday, December 8th:
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Kathleen Mulcahy, Aunagloor
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m.
Cullen 10.30 am Michael O’Connor & Mick Hugh, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Nora & Donal Murphy, Killarney Road
Mass Intentions For Next Weekend:
Saturday, December 12th:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Pat Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace
Cullen 8.00 p.m. Tony Veart, Ahane
Sunday, December 13th:
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Neily Collins & deceased members of Collins Family, Drishane Road
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Deceased members of “Dandy” Murphy Family, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.30 am William O’Brien, Novohaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Tim Corcoran, Coolikerane
|Rotas for Feast of the Immaculate Conception Dec 7th/8th|
|Millstreet||6.30 p.m.||Gerald Linehan||Group A|
|8.30 a.m.||Sharon Lane|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|Ballydaly||9.30 a.m.||Mary Murphy||Team D|
|Cullen||8.00 p.m.||Kate Mary Cremin||Group D|
|10.30 a.m.||Noreen Meade|
|Rotas for Next Weekend December 12th/13th|
|Millstreet||6.30 p.m.||Boys School||Group B|
|8.30 a.m.||Mary Ita Cronin|
|11.30 a.m.||Deirdre Meade|
|9.30 a.m.||Deirdre McAuliffe||Team E|
|8.00 p.m.||Catriona Ring||Group E|
|10.30 a.m.||Annabell O’Sullivan|
PARISH CAPITAL COLLECTION LAST WEEKEND: €5,345.00. Thanks
MILLSTREET CHURCH: Usual Mass at 10.00 each morning, unless there is a funeral.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on Friday (11th December) at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass at 7.30p.m. for Con O’Sullivan, Claramore.
CULLEN CHURCH: Mass for coming week:
Wednesday 9th: Mass at 10.00a.m.
Friday 11th: Mass at 7.30p.m. for John Joe & Peggy O’Sullivan, Hollymount
- Aubane community christmas party: Thursday 17th December at 8.30p.m. (Please note change of date not Thursday 10th as in Clara News)
- Ballydaly social group: will hold a meeting in Ballydaly Hall on Wednesday 9th at 9.00p.m. New members welcome.
- Annual general meeting: of Millstreet/Ballydaly I.F.A. will be held on Wednesday 9th in The Canon O’Donovan Centre at 8.30p.m.
- St. Vincent de paul: Annual Church Door Collection on next weekend.
- Millstreet community council: will make a presentation to Fr. Gerard O’Leary on Tuesday next (8th) at 10.00p.m. in The Wallis Arms. All welcome
- Irish Catholic newspaper: Features “Sounds of Advent” this weekend
- Millstreet gramphone cicrle: Meets at the Canon O’Donovan Centre on Friday 11th at 8.15p.m. This month’s presenter is Margaret McCarron, Bandon and Cullen. All are very welcome.
- Cullen special needs association: Christmas Mass & Party on Saturday 12th December with Mass at 1.30p.m.
- Annual card play for millstreet hospital: Tuesday 8th December at 8.45p.m. in Green Glens
- Millstreet community council: Meeting Tuesday (8th) at 8.30p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE PARISH OFFICE HOURS FOR COMING WEEK: Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Office is closed Tuesday 8th (Feast of Immaculate Conception).