PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 25th January, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Kate Donnelly, Gneeveguilla; Sr. Enda Beasley, Sister of the Infant Jesus
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 24th January:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Grace O’Callaghan, Macroom Road
Sunday 25th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Patsy & the deceased members of the
Murphy Family, Ballydaly Lower
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Art, Margaret & Jackie O’Connor, Novhaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peter & Nora Dineen, Cloghoula
Anniversaries: Kate Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace; Maura Dowling, Murphy’s Terrace; Kathy Murphy, Pound Hill; Danny Buckley, Liscahane; Nora Desmond, Claramore; Nora & Dan Carroll, Tullig; Theresa McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Margaret Mullane, Coolikerane; Denis & Ellen Murphy, Tullig; Joan Murphy, Knocknakilla; Hannah & the deceased members of the Murphy Family, Cockhill; Mary O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves; Tim Dennehy, Two Gneeves; Hannah Mary Fleming, Mologhroe; Patrick Kearney, Lisnaboy; Tade & Mary Murphy, Knocknagree; Mary Corkery, Main Street & Douglas.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 31st January:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Denis & Mary Cronin, Coolinarne
Sunday 1st February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Willie Neenan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 am. Timmy O’Sullivan Lisnaboy &
Denis & Pat Joe Murphy, Coolinarne
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
Millstreet Church: Mass times for this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Bertie & Kate Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Margaret Mullane, Coolikerane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for the deceased members of the Clancy & Walsh Families, Mallow at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Tom & Abina Radley, The Square at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 31st January/1st February
|6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Michael Cashman|
|9.00 a.m.||Dan O’Riordan||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group G|
MILLSTREET CHURCH: Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (1st February): Jerome Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Eileen Kelleher & her son Larry
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
POLISH MASS will be held on Saturday 31st January at 5.30p.m. in the Church of the Resurrection, Killarney. Confessions in Polish 1 hour before Mass at 4.30p.m. in the same Church.
LITURGY WORKSHOP: “Let’s live Lent” – A workshop for parish liturgy groups will be held on Wednesday 28th January in St. Brendan’s Pastoral Centre, Tralee at 8.00p.m. Fr. Donal O’Connor, Hannah Evans & Frances Rowland will reflect on Lent & offer resources. All welcome. For further details email: <email> or (064) 6632644.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS: Annual Sponsored weigh-in continues every Monday night. Zumba fitness classes at 8.00p.m. All welcome
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Table quiz on Friday 30th Jan at 8.30p.m. in The Wallis Arms. Helping to raise funds to cover travel/accommodation costs of 5 students going to Lourdes as helpers with IHCPT at Easter. Tables of 4 €40.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: “In the footsteps of the Saints from La le Brid to La Bealtaine” with Fr. Tomas O’Caoimh on Friday 30th January at 7.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL will hold their Social & Awards night on Friday 6th March in The Wallis Arms. Nominations to be returned to Maura Kiely, Liscahane or any Community Council Members by 8th February.
- PUBLIC MEETING hosted by Fianna Fail will be held on Friday 30th January at 8.00p.m. in Millstreet Parish Centre. Speakers on the night: Eamon O’Cuiv T.D., Donal Corkery, Crowley Consultants & Jerh McSweeney from H.S.A. Topics to be discussed – agriculture and the new E.U. Payment Scheme and Health & Safety. All welcome.
- IRD DUHALLOW will hold information on Internet & Mobile Technology Safety for Parents, Teachers & Guardians of Primary & Post-primary children on Thursday 12th February at 7.30p.m. in Newmarket