PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 30th July, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Michael John Naughton, Ahane & Oranmore; Ann Mack (nee O’Keeffe), Switzerland & Ahane; Nora O’Reilly, Rathmore; Mary Holly, Ballylongford.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 29th July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis Healy, Tullig
Sunday 30th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nora Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Margaret O’Mahony, Knocknageeha & her daughter Theresa Twomey, Rathcoole
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Breda Hickey, Claraghatlea
Anniversaries: Julia McSweeney, Flintfield; Marie Healy, Curracahill; Mary & Michael Buckley, Aubane; Michael J. & Madge Kelleher, Aubane; Margaret Kelleher, Canon O’Donovan Centre; Edmond Coffey, Macroom Road; Nicholas & Mona Pomeroy, Willowbrook; Jeremiah, Margaret & Mary Dennehy, Mountleader; John Tarrant, Liscreagh; Joe White, Tubber; Denis Fitzpatrick, Ardnageeha; Jamie Walsh, Meenagloherane; Kathleen O’Keeffe, Knocknashinnagh; Catherine Holmes, Nenagh & Claraghatlea; Bill Crowley, Coole & Cork; William & Julia O’Riordan, Laught.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 5th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Rita Hickey, West End
Sunday 6th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15a.m. Kathleen, J.J. & James O’Mahony, Clonakilty
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Liam O’Driscoll, Lackabawn at 7.30p.m.
Mass for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Michael J. & Madge Kelleher, Aubane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Michael Burke, London & Shanballymore (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Maurice Dennehy, Drishane Road at 7.30p.m
Rotas for Next Weekend 5th/6th August
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Goold||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Morley||Group E|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (6th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 6.30p.m. for Donagh Hickey, Eagloune
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 6.00p.m. (Please note change of time for this week only) All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
FIRST FRIDAY CALLS: Fr. Fitzgerald will make calls for the month of August during the coming week.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: for 6th & 13th August: Group D
MILLSTREET CHURCH COLLECTORS for the month of August: Group 3 . Vigil Mass: J. Cashman, C. O’Shea, N. Casey & Dr. P. Casey. 11.30a.m. N. Collins, P. Healy, C. Healy, J. Doody & B. Murphy
MASS BOOKINGS FOR 2018:
The diary for the bookings of Masses for next year is now open. Families are encouraged to include their deceased family members in one Mass
- COFFEE MORNING in aid of Marymount Hospice in the home of Con & Nono O’Connor, Ballydaly on Saturday 12th August between 11.00 & 1.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET HOSPITAL FUND COLLECTION amounted to €3,219.00 from Cullen, Ballydaly & Millstreet. Thank you for your continued support.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION with to thank all those who contributed in any way to the success of the Harvest afternoon last Sunday.
- PUBLIC ROSARY in Aubane Community Centre on Monday 7th August at 8.00p.m.
- LITTLE TREASURES are holding a summer camp from 14th – 18th 9.00-12 noon each day. Places limited to please contact Rena on (087) 9262842 if you are interested.
- SINCERE THANKS to all who contributed to last weekend’s church gate collection for the Irish Cancer Society which amounted to €1,712.63.
- MILLSTREET MUSEUM also incorporating funding for the Millstreet Community website will hold their annual church gate collection on next weekend 5th/6th All support greatly appreciated.
- MUNSTER PIONEER GATHERING & SPIRITUALITY DAY will take place in The Woodland’s House Hotel in Adare on 1st