Planning permission has been approved for the second phase of refurbishment and extension works at St. Joseph’s Community Hospital Millstreet. The planning application was submitted to Cork County Council in February, following the completion of the first phase of works in 2018.
Permission includes the construction of a single-storey extension to the existing hospital, consisting of 11 ensuite bedrooms, dining room, kitchen store and changing facilities, new extended day rooms, toilets and assisted bathrooms, administration offices, relocated staff changing facilities, laundry room, plant room, meter room, new link corridor, and secure garden courtyard. Permission has also been granted for the demolition of several structures within the grounds, including two existing single-storey rear extensions, part of a rear kitchen extension, garden wall to the rear of the site and roadside wall to the front of the building.
Other aspects of the submission include:
- partial removal and alterations to the existing rear access road;
- provision of landscaped outdoor amenity and pathway;
- external site lighting; roof mounted PV panels;
- reconfiguring and extending of existing car parking facilities from 18 spaces to 32 spaces; and
- general upgrade of landscaping areas.
- Planning Permission for Millstreet Community Hospital Extension Gets the Green Light – Cllr John Paul O’ Shea
- Green light for revamps at hospitals (the Corkman)
- Applicant: N/A
- Development Address: Millstreet Community Hospital, Inchileigh, Millstreet Co. Cork
- Development Description: Demolition of 1) 2 no. existing single storey rear extensions to building, 2) part of rear kitchen extension, 3) garden wall to the rear of the site, 4) roadside wall to the front of the building, 5) eastern terrace with associated access ramp, 6) external service tanks and enclosures; Partial removal and alterations to the existing rear access road; Internal alterations and elevational treatment of the existing hospital building, including main entrance access ramp and stairs; Construction of a single-storey extension to existing hospital, consisting of 11 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, kitchen store and changing facilities, new extended day rooms, toilets, assisted bathrooms, administration offices, relocated staff changing, laundry room, plant room, meter room, new link corridor and secure garden courtyards; Provision of landscaped outdoor amenity “wandering route” pathway; Provision of enclosures containing 1) a generator with diesel tank, 2) water and oil tanks, 3) LPG tank, 4) waste management store; Hard standings, external site lighting, roof mounted PV panels, reconfiguring and extending of existing carparking facilities from 18 spaces to 32 spaces, attenuation tank, extension of existing storm water attenuation areas, general upgrade of landscaping areas along with all other site services.
- Status: Decision Made
- Application Received: Feb 22, 2019
- Decision Date: Jul 04, 2019
- Further Details: https://mapalerts.corkcoco.ie