PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time – 8th November, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Ann Cronin, Clara Road
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 7th November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Thomas Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 8th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Mass for those who have died in Cullen during the past 12 months – followed by Blessing of Graves.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jack & Meg Kelleher, Aubane
Anniversaries: Patrick, Nora & John Joseph Barrett, Tullig; Edward & Bridget Lawlor, Lackabawn; Nannie O’Donoghue, Lackabawn; Aidan Burke, Drishanemore; Willie C & Babe Ann O’Riordan, Main Street; Brenda Kirk, West End & Dublin; Frank O’Riordan; Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road; Pat Buckley, Liscahane; Sheila Murphy, Cahirbarnagh; Hannah Tarrant, Liscreagh; Patrick & Sheila Murphy, Coolikerane; Tim & Mary O’Mahony, Flintfield; Mary Wyse, Togher & Lackabawn; Margaret Kelleher, Curraleigh, Carriganima; Ellen O’Callaghan, Aglish; John Curtin, Kiskeam.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 14th November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Cormac Dineen, Mill Road
Sunday 15th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nonie O’Donoghue, Lackabawn
Cullen 10.15a.m. Andy & Kitty Walsh, Knocknageeha
& Dan Meade, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Noreen, Mary & John D. Murphy, Inchileagh
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Jerry Creedon, Laught at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for The Holy Souls at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for The deceased members of The Legion of Mary at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Aidan Burke, Drishanemore at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m
Rotas for Next Weekend 14th/15th November
|6.30 p.m.||Michael Gleeson||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Lane|
|9.00 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Noreen Meade||Group D|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (15th): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Tom Kelleher, Mologhroe, Cullen
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome
DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO WORLD YOUTH DAY 2016: The Diocese of Kerry will lead a pilgrimage of young adults (18-35 years) to World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland, from 25th July to 1st August 2016. For further information contact the Parish Office or Tomas Kenny, Diocesan Pastoral Team (086)3683778 or check out www.dioceseofkerry.ie
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: 15th & 22nd November: Group A
- LEGION OF MARY: A statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be blessed at 11.30 Mass in Millstreet on this Sunday. Parishioners will be afforded an opportunity of keeping the statue for a week if they so wish. Parishioners can contact a member of the Legion or the Parish Office if interested in receiving the statue.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL will hold their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 17th November at 8.00p.m. in The Wallis Arms. New members welcome.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Presentation of funds raised from Fancy Dress to Millstreet Hospital will be on Sunday night at 8.m in The Wallis Arms. All welcome .Public meeting regarding Crime Prevention will take place on Tuesday 24th Nov at 8.00p.m. in Aubane Community Centre Sgt Paul Lynch & Community Garda John Crowley will be among the speakers.
- LECTURE entitled “St. Columbanus 1400 & Kerry Columban Mission” by Fr. Charles Meagher, S.S.C. Far East Missionary will take place on Tuesday 10th in Killarney Library at 7.30p.m.
- LATIN MASS on Sunday 15th November in Holy Cross Dominican Church, Tralee at 1.30p.m. His Eminence Raymond Cardinal Burke will offer a Pontifical High Mass at Sacred Heart, Limerick at 10.30am. on Sunday 22nd
- CULLEN COMMUNITY CENTRE: Cards starting on Wednesday (11th) at 8.30p.m. All welcome.
- LECTURE entitled “More than Believing. The reality of Faith in Paul, Mark & Luke” will be given by Fr. Seamus O’Connell on Saturday 14th & 28th Nov from 10.30a.m. to 12 .30p.m. in Cuil Mhuire Pastoral Centre (beside Church).
- HISTORICAL LECTURE: “Memoirs of Olive Trench – daughter of an Ardfert land agent” on Thursday 19th November at 8.00p.m.
- GLENSTALL ABBEY: Details of Retreat Days at the back of each Church
- BOHERBUE CHURCH: There will be a choral Mass in Boherbue with Dordán on Sunday 22nd November at 11.00a.m. followed by a free concert in the Church.