PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time – 23rd August, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: P.J. Twomey, Rylane
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 22nd August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Nora & Jim Coleman, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 23rd August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Funeral Mass for: Denis Hickey Gortnacreha & Birmingham
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Danny Lynch & the deceased members of The Lynch Family, Kippagh.
Anniversaries: John Joe Greaney, Lackabawn; Paddy O’Shea, Coole; Seamus O’Connor, Tullig; Connie Kelly Senior & his son Connie, Ploverfield; Jeremiah O’Connor, Knockduff; Michael & Hannah Murphy, Ahane & their daughter Nora Casey; Dainne O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves; Timmy & Peggy Cronin, Murphy’s Terrace & New York; Abina Karen Barrett- O’Keeffe, Aubane House & Wexford; Breda Dennehy, Kilcorney.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 29th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Denis Healy, Tullig Cross (recently deceased) Sunday 30th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Edward Byrne, Ahane
Cullen 10.15a.m. Noel Duggan Lisnaboy & his sister Elizabeth Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Keith Sheehan, Station Road
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Connie Kelleher, Lackabawn at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday & Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Abina Karen Barrett – O’Keeffe, Aubane House & Wexford at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church.
Rotas for Next Weekend 29th/30th August
|6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Michael Cashman|
|9.00 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie O’Sullivan||Group A|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (30th): Pat Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Connie Kelly Snr & his son Connie, Ploverfield.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
CATHOLIC YOUNG ADULTS CONFERENCE entitled “Mary went in haste” will be held in All Hallows College, Dublin on 29th & 30th August. It is open to young adults between 18 and 40. The Legion of Mary in the Kerry Diocese wish to sponsor 2 young people to attend. For more information please contact Patricia O’Donoghue (087) 9048659
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: A retirement party for Lena Kelleher, Matron of Millstreet Community Hospital is being organised for Friday 4th September at 7.30p.m. in The Wallis Arms. If you would like join us on the night please text (087) 6270806 or call (029) 70003. Tickets are limited.
- LACKABAWN VINTAGE MILLSTREET: Open day on Sunday 30th August from 11.30a.m. hosted by the Barry Family to showcase their collection of horse/farm machinery, household goods & vehicles. Funds raised in aid of Millstreet Day Care Centre.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL: Official opening of the new gym in the Youth Centre on Monday 31st August at 7.30p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL: Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 15th September in the E-Centre at 8.30p.m. New members needed.
- BUS TO KNOCK: Sunday 30th August – leaving Millstreet Car Park at 7.45a.m. To book a place contact Jerry on (087) 2833696
- CORK SOCIAL & HEALTH EDUCATION PROJECT: Year long course in Personal Development plus a range of short personal development courses starting in September 2015 in Cork, Ballincollig, Mallow, Killarney, Tralee & Skibbereen. Contact (021) 4666180 for further details or visit socialandhealth.com
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Certificate in Spirituality will run in the autumn for adults to share the Word of God in family life, parish life & the wider community. For further details contact (066) 7134276. Brochure for Autumn 2015 can be viewed or downloaded on ardfertretreatcentre.org
- KERRY ARCHAEOLOGICAL & HISTORICAL SOCIETY field outing to Firies led by Tom Kelliher will take place on Sunday 30th Meet at Firies Parish Church at 2.30p.m. All welcome.
- IRD: Duhallow Heritage Week (23rd – 30th August) – Sliabh Luachra Cultural Trail Bus Tour on Sunday 30th at 2.00p.m. For further details of all events contact James at (029) 60633