PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Third Sunday of Easter – 19th April, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around
this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 18th April:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Victor O’Hare, Cloghoulamore
Sunday 19th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Fr. Tim Buckley, Chairbarnagh
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Denis Cronin, Coolinarne
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Breda O’Leary, The Square
Anniversaries: Dan Breen, Killarney Road; Mary O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg; Jeremiah & Bridget O’Connor, Cloghoulabeg; Noel & Bart Keating, Murphy’s Terrace; Danny Creedon, Liscahane; William & Paddy Ring, Aubane & Wales; Patrick O’Donoghue, Aubane; Nora & Peter Healy, Aubane; Kathleen Dennehy, Two Gneeves; Anne Murphy, Kilworth & Millstreet.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 25th April:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. John Kelleher, Drishane Road
Sunday 26th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Kathleen & Nelius Guerin, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Deceased members of the O’Mahony Family Clonakilty
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jimmy Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for the Deceased members of the Manley Family, The Square & John “Sing” O’Sullivan at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for John & Mary Ellen Radley, The Square at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Mary Walsh, London & Minor Row at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 25th/26th April
|6.30 p.m.||Micheal Gleeson||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Ronan Galvin|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Tim Ring||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (26th): Michael Forde
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for John Ring, Cullen (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
KERRY DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGES: 10th-18th May Msgr Dan O’Riordan will be the Spiritual Director for a Pilgrimage to Fatima. Details from Maureen (066)7131328.
June 2015: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land (8th-18th June). Spiritual director: Fr. John Newman. Contact Micheál for details (086) 8337681
TROCAIRE OFFERINGS: We remind you to return your Trocaire Offerings during the next two weeks. Thank you for your continued support.
MILLSTREET PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL meeting on Tuesday night in the Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION APOSTOLATE PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK: Sunday 26th Bus from Millstreet – contact Tom (087) 6468658. Cost €20
- YOUTH 2000 IRELAND: will hold a youth retreat in St. Brendan’s College, Killarney on 24th – 26th Details at the back of each Church.
- LITTLE TREASURES PRE-SCHOOL: Parents of children whose child will be attending this pre-school in September 2015 are reminded to return the registration forms to the school to ensure your free school year place. For details contact Rena (087) 9262842
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent coffee morning in aid of Daffodil Day in GAA Hall. Total collected: €1,400.00
- PUBLIC MEETING organised by Independent candidate Steven O’Riordan will be held on Tuesday 21st April in The Wallis Arms at 8.00p.m.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Upcoming events: 1st – 3rd May: Dreams weekend with Fr. Eugene McCaffrey. 4th -10th June: Preached retreat “Discovering the deep spiritual richness in our hearts” with Nick Harnan MSC. Certificate in Spirituality – this course will be run in the Autumn. Details on any of these: (066) 7134276 or email: <email>
- BLASKET SHIPWRECKS HISTORY LECTURE by Micheal de Mordha, Director Ionad an Bhlascaoid Mhoir, will take place in Killarney Library on Tuesday 21st April at 7.30p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET TIDY TOWN ASSOCIATION would like to invite everyone to our first weekly “Litter Pick Up” on Thursday 23rd April at 7.m. in The Square. The Anti-litter campaign audit of Millstreet Town will begin on 27th April with particular focus on Murphy’s Terrace between 27th April & 6th May. Please support.