PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 1st February, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Richie Goggin, Rathcoole; Charlie Mac Breathy, London & Donegal.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 31st Saturday 2015:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis & Mary Cronin, Coolinarne
Sunday 1st February, 2015:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Willie Neenan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Timmy O’Sullivan, Lisnaboy &
Denis & Pat Joe Murphy, Coolinarne
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
Anniversaries: Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen; Dan McSweeney, Murphy’s Terrace; Johnny Fleming, Mologhroe
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 7th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jeremiah & Hannah Kelleher, Toorenbawn
Sunday 8th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Michael & Theresa Herlihy, Cahirbarnagh
Cullen 10.15 am. John J. Murphy, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Agnes Kiely, The Bridge
Millstreet Church: Mass times for this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (Candlemas Day) for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m. The candles used during the year on the altar will be blessed during this Mass and if you wish to have candles of your own blessed please bring them also.
Mass on Tuesday (Feast of St. Blaise) for Alice O’Sullivan, Newcastlewest at 10.00a.m. followed by Blessing of Throats.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Tade Corkery, Dooneen at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Pat Buckley, Cahirbarnagh at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SOCIETY for 8th & 15th February Group E
Rotas for Next Weekend 7th/8th February
|6.30 p.m.||Micheal Gleeson||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Carmel Fleming||Group H|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (8th): Billy O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for the deceased members of the Fleming Family, Mologhroe, followed by Blessing of Throats.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
COMMUNION CALLS TO THE SICK AND HOUSEBOUND: Fr. Fitzgerald will make calls for the month of February during the coming week.
MILLSTREET CHURCH COLLECTORS for February is Group 1. Vigil Mass: V. O’Callaghan, C. O’Donoghue, S. Sheehan & J. Lawlor. 11.30a.m. J. O’Riordan, D.J. Murphy, D. Dineen & D. Dennehy.
DIOCESAN COLLECTION NEXT WEEKEND for Lourdes Helpers. This collection will help reduce the cost of the Volunteer Carers who give generously of their time to ensure the success of the annual Pilgrimage. Thanking you in advance.
BALLYDALY CHURCH: Diocesan Collector (8th February): Anne Marie Murphy.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS: Annual Sponsored weigh-in continues every Monday night. Zumba fitness classes at 8.00p.m. All welcome
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL will hold their Social & Awards night on Friday 6th March in The Wallis Arms. Nominations to be returned to Maura Kiely, Liscahane or any Community Council Members by 8th February.
- CLOGHOULA NATIONAL SCHOOL: Enrolment September 2015. Enrolment forms may be collected at the school between Monday 9th & Friday 13th February.
- BALLYDALY HALL: AGM of Ballydaly Hall will be held on Tuesday 3rd February at 8.30p.m. All welcome.
- CURA, ST JOHN’S CENTRE, TRALEE: Crisis Pregnancy support service is there for all needing support around unplanned pregnancy, post natal support & post abortion support. All services free & confidential. (066) 7127355/1850622626
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Martina Lehane-Sheehan, Director of Ennismore Retreat Centre, will be facilitating a day to help us prepare for the Lenten Journey on Sunday 15th February between 10.00 & 4.30p.m. Booking essential (066) 7134276.
- ANAM CARA is holding its monthly Parent Evening on Tuesday 10th February at 7.30p.m. in Recovery Haven, Tralee. This service is available free of charge to all bereaved parents.
- CORK MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION would like to thank everybody who supported their Church Gate Collection. Total collected: €1,069.00.