PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
12th November, 2017
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> http://WWW.DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00A.M.-1.00P.M. & 2.00P.M.-5.00P.M.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of:
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 11th November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis Sheehan, Kanturk
Sunday 12th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Lilly & Dan Guerin, The Shop, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Neily & Peggy O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the O’Sullivan family, Hollymount.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jim & Betty Fitzgerald, Murphy’s Terrace
ANNIVERSARIES: Tim Buckley, Murphy’s Terrace; Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road; Peg & Paddy Coleman, Minor Row; Sheila Kelleher, The Laurels; Jer, Julia & Tim Coleman, Minor Row; Arthur O’Keeffe, Mill View; Hannah Mary Riordan, Main Street; Brenda Kirk, West End; Tom Pomeroy, Willowbrook; Mary Fitzgerald, Cloghoulamore; Hannah Tarrant, Liscreagh; Margaret O’Leary, Ploverfield; Sheila Murphy, Cahirbarnagh; Canon Eugene O’Sullivan & Fr. Pat Joe O’Sullivan, Gortavehy; Neily Cahill, Rathmore & England; Mary & Danny Buckley, Scartaglin; Gene Sheehan, Dublin & Millstreet.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 18th November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Sheila Sherlock, Drishane View
Sunday 19th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Carroll Family, Coolinarne
Cullen 10.15a.m. Maura Cronin & the deceased members of the Cronin Family, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jerome O’Hare, Coole
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for The Holy Souls & Kevin & Ann Cronin, Clara Road at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Neily Cahill, Rathmore & England at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for The Dineen Family, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for John Lucey, Minor Row (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 18th/19th November
|6.30 p.m.||Sharon Lane||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Sr. Peter Fahy|
|9.00 a.m.||Mary Murphy||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Aisling O’Riordan||Group F|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (19th): Paudie O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for The Holy Souls & Jerh Fitzgerald, Knocknageeha.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for First Holy Communion children & parents is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th in Cullen at 10.15a.m
THE BLESSING OF GRAVES WILL TAKE PLACE IN MILLSTREET THIS SUNDAY (12th):
- CHURCHYARD CEMETERY: After 11.30a.m. Mass in Millstreet
- MARY’S CEMETERY: 12.45p.m.
- DRISHANE CEMETERY: 1.00p.m.
MASS FOR ALL THOSE WHO DIED IN MILLSTREET
DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS
WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY 25th NOVEMBER
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet in Millstreet Day Centre on next Friday 17th November at 8.15p.m. Guest presenter: Con Kelleher, Cloghoulabeg. All welcome.
- DUHALLOW CHORAL SOCIETY presents a Christmas Concert in aid of Millstreet Community Hospital in Millstreet Church on Friday 8th December at 8.00p.m. Tickets available in local shops.
- MILLSTREET CHRISTMAS MARKET in GAA Hall on Sunday 26th November between 12 noon & 5.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET CHRISTMAS LIGHT annual Church Gate Collection next weekend 18th/19th
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL: Meeting in The Wallis Arms Hotel on Tuesday night next 14th at 8.00p.m. The meeting will include the opportunity to renewal of the Text alert system and details on alarms for the A Community Council meeting will follow at 9.00p.m.
- WORKSHOP ON HOLY WELLS will take place in Millstreet Parish Centre on Tuesday 28th December hosted by Dr. Richard Scriven from the Department of Geography UCC. Further details next week.
- CORK COUNTY OLDER PEOPLES COUNCIL EVENT on Monday 20th November in the Charleville Park Hotel between 10.00 & 2.00p.m. Entitled promoting health, wealth & happiness. Contact Shane Winters (086) 0842356