PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Third Sunday of Lent – 28th February, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 27th February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Andrew Hickie, The Square
Sunday 28th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Theresa Flynn-Clarke, Wexford & England (recently deceased)
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Matthew & Hannah Murphy, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Martin & Maureen Moran, Ballyvouskil
Anniversaries: Margaret, William & the deceased members of the Radley Family, Minor Row; Denis Dennehy, Pound Hill; Theresa Manley, The Square; Jerry Corkery, Coomlogane; Madge Kelleher, Aubane; Suzanne Dennehy, Lisnaboy; Margaret Casey, Toorenbawn; Jeremiah & Hannah Kelleher, Toorenbawn; Paddy O’Sullivan, Cahirbarnagh; Tom Enright, Newcastlewest; Michelle Manley-Bates, London; Sr. Barbara Davis, Good Shepherd Convent Limerick & Tanyard.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 5th March:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road
Sunday 6th March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nellie White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15a.m. Frank O’Leary, Lissaniska & the deceased
members of the O’Leary Family
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Joe Garvey, Killarney Road
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LECTIO DIVINA continues during Lent Monday night in the Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 5th/6th March
|6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Michael Cashman|
|9.00 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Liam Fitzgerald||Group H|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Denis Dennehy, Pound Hill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Madge Kelleher, Aubane at 10.00am.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Friday: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass for John O’Sullivan, Coolinarne at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Alex Ryan, Old Coach Avenue (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (6th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Kathleen, George, Willie Joe & Danny Forde, Cullen & Tommy Kelleher, Carriganima.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
FIRST FRIDAY CALLS: Fr. Fitzgerald will make calls for the month of March during the coming week.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 6th & 13th March: Group C
MILLSTREET CHURCH COLLECTORS for March is Group 2. Vigil Mass: J. Sheehan, M. Lane, M.Cahill & Mgt. Corkery. 11.30a.m. P. O’Connor, J. Buckley, J.B. Kelleher & J. O’Mahony.
- CULLEN DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual sponsored weigh-in only 3 nights left. Final Monday is 14th Sponsorship cards can be returned at any time.
- COPE FOUNDATION: Annual Church Gate Collection next weekend (5th/6th March) at all Masses.
- MILLSTREET MONUMENT COMMITTEE will host a talk entitled “Order, Counter-order, and Disorder Easter 1916 in Cork”; guest speaker will be Gerry White author & military historian. The talk will take place on Wednesday 9th March in The Wallis Arms at 8.00p.m. The committee will also launch their publication entitled “Ready Willing Waiting: Keale, Millstreet, Mushera, Rathduane Irish Volunteers 1916”.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Jose Omar Rodriguez Romero, a coffee producer from Honduras, will give a presentation in the school on Friday 4th March as part of Fairtrade Fortnight.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Millstreet Town Park, GAA & Youth Amenity Fund will take place on Friday 4th March in The Wallis Arms at30p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET & DISTRICT HOUSING ASSOCIATION LTD will hold their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st March at 7.30p.m in The Canon O’Donovan Centre. Everybody welcome.