FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT TIME
14th March, 2010
Fr. Declan O’Connor P.P. Fr. David Gunn C.C. & Fr. Micheál Manning A.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043 / Cullen 029-79028 / Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 13th March:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Julia & Brenda Hartnett, The Bridge
Cullen Vigil 8.00 p.m. J. J. O’Mahony, Clonakilty
Sunday 14th March:
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Paddy & Mary Forde, Minor Row
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m.
Cullen 10.30 a.m. Mary, Neilly & Eddie O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Joan Horgan, Kilmeedy (Month’s Mind)
Anniversaries: Breda Buckley, Coolnagillagh, Kathleen Moynihan, Kilmeedy,
Andrew Lynch, Ballydaly; Kathleen Hickey, Shanaknuck;
MASS INTENTIONS FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY:
Tuesday 16th March:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30p.m. John O’Sullivan, Coolinarne
Cullen Vigil 8.00p.m.
Wednesday 17th March:
Millstreet 8.30a.m. Niall Kelleher, Station Road
Millstreet 11.30a.m. Mass for Donors to the Golden Book Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 20th March:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. James & Kathy Twohig, Aunagloor
Cullen 8.00 p.m. Margaret Enright, Freemount
Sunday 21st March:
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Denny Twomey, The Bridge
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m.
Cullen 10.30 am. Con O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Abby McCarthy, Millstreet & Cork
Parish Capital Collection last weekend: €2,698.50 Thanks.
Millstreet Church: Usual Mass at 10.00 a.m. each day, unless there is a funeral. Millstreet Comhaltas Ceolteorί Eireann will perform at the Vigil Mass of St. Patrick’s Day on Tuesday evening next at 6.30 p.m. Friday next (March 19th ) is the Feast of St. Joseph. Our own St. Joseph Young Priests Society will host the Mass at 7.30 p.m. to mark the ‘Year of the Priest’ which will be offered for Breda Buckley, Coolnagillagh, Millstreet. It will be preceded by Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m..
CULLEN CHURCH: Masses on Monday at 7.30p.m. for Joseph Cahill & Friday (19th): at 7.30 p.m. Stations of the Cross: immediately after Saturday Night Mass during Lent.
Special Lenten Confessions: for Easter will take place after all Masses in the Parish next weekend. March 20th / 21st This will provide a great opportunity to do your Easter Duty.
Rotas for St. Patrick’s Day 16th/17th March CHURCH TIME READER EUCHARISTIC
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Catriona Kelleher Group C 8.30 a.m. Mary Dennehy 11.30 a.m. Michael McCarthy Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Nono O’Connor Team C Cullen 8.00 p.m. Marie o’Sullivan Group A 10.30 a.m. Kate Mary Cremin
Rotas for Next 20th/21st March CHURCH TIME READER EUCHARISTIC
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Cian O’Mahony Group D 8.30 a.m. Marie Kelleher 11.30 a.m. Sr. Peter Fahy Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Joanne Herlihy-Goold Team D Cullen 8.00 p.m. Aisling O’Riordan Group B 10.30 a.m. Eileen O’Connor
Spring Station / Easter Dues: We wish to thank those who have already handed in their Spring / Easter Dues be it on the plate or into the Parish Office. That is the GREEN ENVELOPE in your Parish Envelopes Box. Should you not have a Parish Box there are spare Spring / Easter Envelopes at the back of the church. Many thanks for your continued support.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: will begin in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet Church on Wednesday, March 24th from 10.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. A Rota of 20 people will be needed to facilitate it every Wednesday. Should you be interested to participate please write you name and time of preference into Special Adoration Book at the back of the church. Thanks.
- Millstreet Country Park: is re-opening on this Sunday (March 14th) from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. with an OPEN Day ‘NO Admission FEE’ for everyone from the local community & surrounding areas. The Park will be opened daily now from 10am. – 6pm. Daily. Seasonal Tickets are now due for renewal and prices have remained unchanged. All are welcome!
- Millstreet Gramophone Circle’s monthly presentation takes place on Friday next, 19th March 2010 at 8.15 p.m. in the Canon O’Donovan Centre. Presenter will be Maurice Linehan. All are welcome.
- ‘Thank You’ Patrica: Millstreet Church Restoration Committee wish to acknowledge receipt of €600.00 from Patrica Guerin raised in the recent Coffee morning at the GAA Hall. Well done and ‘mίle buίochas’ to all who supported it.
- Irish Blood Transfusion Service: wishes to thank the 156 Donors who attended the Clinic recently in Millstreet.
- Irish Heart Foundation Collection: last weekend amounted to €1,626.00. Thanks.
- Cope: have their outside collection next weekend March 21st / 22nd
- AIB Better Ireland Award: Final Day Monday 15th March for supporting Presentation N.S. by texting: 51303 followed by Millstreet A or do it on line at: www.betterireland.ie
Happy Mothers Day & St. Patrick’s Day to All