- Ceoltoiri Sliabh Luachra Rockchapel,
- Mallow and district Toastmasters,
- The Pards a talented organisation of enactors dedicated to the memory of Irish Soldiers, and
- Special local guest musicians,
a concert dedicated to remembering and celebrating our shared history, and to commemorating the historic events and people of 1916.
It’s all on St.Patrick’s night, March 17th at 7:30pm in the Edel Quinn Hall, Kanturk. Tickets are €10 and are available from members of the Duhallow Choral Society, Vinny’s Newsagents (Kanturk) & The Central Shoe Store (Kanturk). A great night is assured.
A new member of Macroom Toastmasters from Millstreet suggested we make use of the great resource that is Millstreet.ie to get the word out there on what we can offer the public. There is a widespread perception that Toastmaster’s is at best all about windbags droning on for hours, and at worst, it involves all sorts of outdated rituals. Neither are true.
Toastmasters is all about helping people to overcome their fear of public speaking, and to help people with their communication skills generally. Examples of where Macroom Toastmasters have helped out some members in the past include:
- Preparation and performance in job interviews.
- Work presentations.
- Wedding speeches.
- Contribution to groups, such as local meetings. [read more …] “An open invitation from Macroom Toastmasters.”