Below are three photos of local members of Duhallow Athletic did the Dingle Marathon last Saturday. Two pictures before the race, and another one of happier faces after they finished it (photos thanks to Michelle)
[read more …] “Dingle Marathon Runners”
Thomas O’Leary, Drishane Road, Millstreet, having participated in the recent Dublin City Marathon 2009 (finishing in a time of 3hrs 49mins), presenting a cheque for 1,700 Euro to Julie Harris (fundraising officer for Mercy Hospital). Thomas raised sponsorship for the Mercy University Hospital Foundation in Cork, specifically for the Children’s Cancer Care Unit. Well, well done Thomas on such a praiseworthy and superb achievement. (Picture by: Dr. Micheál Sheridan, Executive Director)
- 294th Brian Murphy Knocknakilla 03:00:07
- 809th Chris Murphy Clara 03:18:29
- 1425th John Sheahan 3:28:59
- 2444th Brian O’Connor Cloghoula 03:43:09
- 3039th Thomas O’Leary 03:49:41
- 4300th Con Twomey 04:02:42
- 5112ndPaudie Bourke Kilcorney 04:08:40
- 4802nd Humphrey Hickey The Bush Bar 04:08:50
- 5613rd Liam Bourke Kilcorney 04:15:01
- 8483rd Michelle O’Leary(Casey) 05:01:49
- 10005th Mary O’Mahony 06:23:50 and 9767th Denis O’Mahony 06:01:35 walked it!
- Also one of the local guards ran it, but we’re not sure which one!
If you know someone that ran, then go check up their times.
Donal Cashman from Tullig is running in the New York Marathon today, starting at 2:20pm Irish time. His race number is 14131 & you will be able to track his location in the race if you go to the NYC Marathon website and follow the instructions for the “athlete tracker”. Or watch the race live online from Universal Sports. Best of luck Donal. ……He finished in 3:18:26 Also well done to Mary O Mahony (#60642) of Minor Row who completed the marathon in 5:43:52.
Click on the images to view dozens of photos taken during the race by official photographers.
Results for the Millstreet finishers in the Cork City Marathon Monday June 7th 2009
35th #1311 Brian Murphy Cloghoula 03:07:13 01:31:09
537th #718 Donal Kelleher Aubane 04:08:51 01:57:27
677th #802 Josephine Creedon Millstreet 04:24:40 01:57:26
678th #1048 Con Twomey Aubane 04:24:43 01:57:29
872nd #719 Rosie Rea Millstreet 04:43:24 02:15:04
note: times given are the finish time and the half-way time.
1125th #3150 No Team Name, Millstreet 06:31:48
There were probably others which i haven’t identified, and others too who never made it to the finish line. Congrats to all regardless on the huge effort.