Well done to Jane Carmody Cullen Pipe Band, who, against stiff competition took first place at the Leinster Championships, held in Palmerstown on Saturday March 24th. Beginner Piping Section. 
Great day out in Carlow. South East Solos Piping and Drumming championships for Cullen Pipe Band Members Liam Casey 1st beginner piping, Collette O’Connor Casey 2nd Junior piping, Jane Carmody 2nd beginner piping, Con Houlihan 1 st A grade piobaireachd, Aoife O’Riordan 2nd tenor drumming. Also competed in beginner piping Eamonn Casey 4th place.
All roads lead to Switch on Culture Night in Cullen Hall on Friday 22nd Sep. at 8p.m. Celebrate the 2017 All-Ireland and World prizes won by the Cullen Pipe Band at the All Ireland and World Piping Championships, and the outstanding achievements of the local 2017 All-Ireland winners at the Comhaltas Fleadh Cheoil. The night will include some lovely local performances, a display of the prizes plus a sample of the All-Ireland winning performances from the following:
– Cullen Pipe Band
– Diarmuid Cronin, English Story Telling Age 12-15
– Katie O’Sullivan, English Singing Age U12 supported by her mentor Elle
Marie O’ Dwyer
– Rena Lynch, English Story Telling Age O18
– Cian Broderick, Rince ar an Sean-Nós Age 12 to 15
– Crossfields Céilí Band Age 12 to 15, Crossfields Céilí Band Age 15 to 18 and winning for the third consecutive year in a row, the Seandrum Céilí Band Over 18. These three separate céilí bands under the musical genius of their mentor Alan Finn, won in their various age groups. There will also be a performance by some of the outstanding musicians involved.
Members of the Cullen Pipe Band playing for the Arrival of the first transatlantic flight from Boston to Cork on July 4th Cork Airport. A momentous occasion, which hopefully will help open up more opportunity for the Cork Region.
Cullen Pipe Band who won the East of Ireland Championships held in Howth, Co.Dublin on June 26th, beating Pipe Bands from Wicklow, New Ross, Dr. O’Hurley, Carrigaline, and Killeshin. [full results]
Cullen Pipe Band 75th Anniversary Social in the Dromhall Hotel, Killarney March 19th 2016. Tickets €30 available March 13th during annual cake sale in band hall or from Patrick Flemming 087 6333793 or Con Houlihan 087 2347651. A commemorative booklet with photographs will also be published please bring along any photographs you have to the cake sale where they will be copied and returned immediately
[read more …] “Cullen Pipe Band – Cake Sale and 75th Anniversary Dinner Dance”