Corkery’s bar would like to say a big thank you to everyone who took part in this years quiz. A total of €1,040 was raised which will be split between Millstreet Hospital and The Cope Foundation
A big thanks as well to Bernard Murphy for setting the questions and to all those who helped run the quiz.
Corkery’s bar annual Stephens Day quiz will be in aid of Millstreet Community Hospital and The Cope Foundation.
Quiz starting at 5pm sharp (straight after the Munster Leinster game) and followed by music later with DJ Nev
All support greatly appreciated.
Annual Stephens Day Quiz
will this year be in aid of
Millstreet Community Hospital & Millstreet SVP
Quiz starting at 4pm, followed by music later with DJ Nev
All support greatly appreciated
Note of Appreciation
Millstreet Monument Committee would like to express their gratitude and appreciation to the
following for their contribution in making the recent unveiling ceremony of a plaque to Pádraig Pearse such a success. Due to the downpour, the Chairman Mr Jerry Lehane was unable to perform the final closing and words of thanks to:
- The Corkery Family and Billy Brown,
- I.R.D. Chief Executive Maura Walsh and archivist James Buckley,
- Conor O Leary and John Murphy of O Leary Stone and Monumental Sculptors,
- Siobhán Ní Mhurchú, Ballingeary for checking the proposed inscription,
- Sgt Paul Lynch and the Gardaí at Millstreet Station,
- Noel C Duggan and Family,
- The Millstreet Pipe Band,
- Fr. Seán Tucker for blessing the plaque,
- Millstreet Branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann,
- Seán Radley, Brendan Murphy and Eily Buckley,
- John Tarrant, reporter and Justin Black photographer,
- Elaine Dennehy and Declan Crowley of Milltech Printing,
- Chrisy’s Restaurant and The Bush Bar,
- John Anthony O Sullivan and Danny O Mahony,
- Milllstreet Tidy Towns Association.
The Committee would also like to sincerely thank all their sponsors and those who kindly donated to the funding of the plaque.
Millstreet Macra are holding their annual BBQ on Saturday the 13th of September in Corkery’s bar Millstreet at 8pm. All welcome. The proceeds will be going to “An Tuath Nua” (Cope Foundations further education unit for young adults with autism). It will be a great night for everyone! See more at Millstreet Macra on Facebook