What an historic day it has been (Wednesday, 20th Jan. 2021) not only for the USA but for the world with the Inauguration of President Joe Biden – 46th American President – today at Capitol Hill, Washington. He is the second Catholic President. The first Catholic President – John F. Kennedy was inaugurated on this day 60 years ago. Both have had Irish Ancestors – President Kennedy linked with Wexford and President Biden with Ballina, Co. Mayo and with Carlingford, Co. Louth. We wish the new President every Blessing and Success in his all-important role in the next four years. (S.R.)
“Radio Treasures” is on air tonight (Tues., 3rd Nov. 2020) on Cork Music Station from 9.30 to 11.00. We feature our regular items with a splendid blend of uplifting songs and music… tonight we feature a selection of songs and music with lots of variety as well as lots of interesting musings and words of wisdom. Included in tonight’s programme:
- We listen to the magnificent new songs by Michelle Murphy (“Birmingham Jail”) as well as Sheila Fitzgerald‘s amazing recording of “Eileen McMahon” sung with her late father, Michael Healy through the magic of modern technology by Mike Sheehan and accompanied by Eddie Kiely on violin.
- We celebrate America on this American Election Day 2020….We listen to some hugely popular Country-and-Western Songs.
- Our 10pm Feature brings us back to Tig Nóní, Boherbue in Nov. 1980 for nine minutes of an uplifting musical session.
- We discuss the many memories evoked by the our images below. Feel most welcome to contact the Show on corkmusicstation @gmail.com …. On Facebook (Seán Radley) …Or WhatsApp or text 086 825 0074.
- We note the tremendous reaction to our last week’s 10pm feature when we met Tony Tobin in Cobh in 2019 chatting about his great love of family life, sport, photography and poetry. We had heard some of Tony’s superb poems.
- And we refer to Noel Bourke’s recent publication “Millstreet Memories” Happy Listening! (S.R.)