O’Flynn Medical is recruiting for the below position.
Financial Controller / Accountant
The position holder will play a lead role in the finance team, analysing P&L spend and reviewing business performance
- Provide leadership to the company’s financial and accounting strategy
- Ensuring that the company’s financial systems and procedures are robust, compliant and position the organisation for future growth
- Responsibility for negotiating financing arrangements for the organisation
- Processing supplier invoices and customer invoices
- Liaise with suppliers and customers regarding queries on accounts
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for organisation of annual stock take
- Responsibility for collection of debtors accounts
- Preparation of company budgets, forecasts and implementing budgetary controls
- Preparation for annual accounts for company audit
- Responsibility for payroll, VAT and P30 returns
- All other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and hard working attitude
- 4+ years experience in a similar type role
- Good familiarity with accountancy packages (SAGE)
- Knowledge of intra community acquisitions
- Strong Sage, Thesaurus payroll, excel & word skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as ability to work on own initiative
- Full or part time position will be considered for this role for the successful applicant.
All interested applicants – please submit CV and cover letter to deirdre@ oflynnmedical.com. Closing date for submissions is 16th May 2018. OFlynnMedical.com
AIB want to treat you and a group of your friends to the ultimate Summer of Music with tickets to three of the most incredible concerts hitting our shores this summer!
Competition open to second level students age 12 to 18 years, from March 22nd to April 18th 2018. Prize includes tickets and accommodation. Please visit AIB Millstreet to complete the application form. 
NK Plant Hire is a local business in Carriganima specialising in quality plant hire (excavators, dumpers, and a roller). We aim to provide customers with the required machinery at competitive rates to get the job done. We offer fast reliable delivery and ensure the hire process is hassle free from start to finish.
All our plant is fully certified with site GA1 certs, maintained to a high quality guaranteeing safe, reliable and modern plant. Self drive hire, with part time drivers also available.
The Loan is available to new & current members, it’s very straight forward, no meetings/ interviews necessary, just the completed application form and a few documents.
Further details and application forms are on MallowCU.ie
A piper doll made by Clara Toys in the early 1980s . The wrong colours for Millstreet Pipe Band though!!! All Irish Made Character Doll by Clara Toys, Millstreet, Co.Cork. Made in the republic of Ireland
Euro Safety & Training Services Ltd are a Solas CSCS training provider in Banteer, Co. Cork, and also providing Solas Safe Pass training :
Euro Safety & Training Services Ltd. provide three day new entrant & one day experienced operator CSCS training on plant & machinery. These categories include:
- Site Dumper front loading
- Articulated Dumper rear tipping
- 360 Excavator (track machine & 180 excavator (rubber tyre machine)
- Telescopic Handler
- Tractor Dozer
Solas Non Plant Categories:
- CSCS Location of Underground Services training
- CSCS Sign Lighting & Guarding on Roads training
- CSCS Mobile Access Tower training
- Certification is provided through Solas & QQi on all CSCS training
We also provide Non Solas training such as:
- Forklift training
- MEWP Training
- HIAB training
- Abrassive wheel training
- Skid steer
- Certification is provided through Euro Safety & Training Services Ltd
There is a maximum 20 per group for Safe Pass training.
For further information and bookings please contact:
Pat Bucke, Euro Safety & Training Services Ltd.
Tel. 029 / 52967 or 029 / 52969
Tender Touch is a mobile massage service where an experienced massage therapist (with diploma) travels to the clients private home, seniors care centre, or hospice. The massage is done in the comfort of your chair, wheelchair or bed. Gentle massage helps with circulation, rheumatism, pain control, and mental well being.
– back, neck, shoulders massage
– Indian head massage
– hand and leg massage
– facial massage
For more information, or booking yours appointment, please contact the Massage Therapist at: 087 2878082. 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Pub in Carriganima
The Pub Carriganima Christmas/New Year Entertainment line-up:
- St Stephens Night-Music by Willie’s Country Roadshow
- Thurs Night Dec 28th Murphy’s Night Out-music by The Little Creatures.
- New Years Eve-Music by Danny Creedon.
- Sat Night Jan 6th-Christmas Draw with Music by Back on Track.
Looking forward to meeting ye all over the Christmas Period.
R & A GALCZYNSKI Painters
PAINTING: Spray painting, Roller Painting, Exterior, Interior, Crack Filling, Varnishing;
POWER WASHING:Roof Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Footpath Cleaning,Driveway Cleaning, Windows & Wall cleaning.
17 Old Coach Avenue, Millstreet. 086-408-1033
Well done to Jerry Pat of O’Leary Family Butchers Millstreet, Co. Cork crowned Craft Butchers Supreme Speciality Foods Champion 2017/18 for ‘D’Healthy Turkey Burger‘. It is difficult to make moist turkey burgers but Jerry has the secret, with his burger being described by the judges as “excellent quality turkey combined with great seasoning and a great depth of flavour … the moisture level is just right, the Juiciest Turkey Burger I have ever tasted”. – from the Associated Craft Butchers of Ireland
A huge congratulations to Eleanor and all at Nibbles, who won the All Ireland Farmers Market Competition in Enniscorthy yesterday (Sunday), for the best market produce and stand, traceability, innovation, customer service and enthusiasm …“I’m still overwhelmed by the judges positive comments and reviews….super proud of Nibbles, my team and my family and friends who have helped me achieve this standard over the last thirteen years”
See the Nibbles Food Emporium page for photos and more from the day.
Providing Digital and Traditional Marketing Services to Small to Medium sized Enterprises and Sole Traders
Sarah McSweeney is the owner of DTMarketing, a newly set up business that provides digital and traditional marketing services to SMEs and Sole Traders. DTMarketing’s fundamental objective is to give business owners a real understanding of how integrating both digital and traditional platforms with a well thought out strategy can be very beneficial. DTMarketing can provide social media management, website creation and maintenance, advertising, mobile marketing, email marketing, public relations and sign-making for vehicles or shop fronts. Sarah strives for consistency with all her clients which in turn optimises each client’s return on investment. DTMarketing can take the stress away from your Marketing. Contact Sarah on 087 352 8486 or visit dtmarketing.ie to discuss your strategy. [read more …] “DTMarketing – a new Business in Millstreet”
- Day/Night makeup with individual day lashes
- Strip Lashes
- Spray Tan
- Gel Nails
- Shellac Nails.
Christmas Package Deals are on the poster (right)
Spaces filling up fast
Contact me @ 0858155319
(during salon hours)
or on my business page:
- Duhallow Today, Best Start Up Enterprise
- Munster Fire & Safety, Best Established
- O’Flynn Medical, Best Established
- Noirins Boutique, Women Led Business
- Cloverhill, Great Place to Work Award
… and Caroline Dowling of Flextronics is also scheduled as the guest speaker.
Best of luck to everyone [read more …] “Duhallow Business Awards 2016”
The scheme is administered by the Local Enterprise Office on behalf of the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment and eligible applicants can be awarded up to €2,500 in matched funding towards the costs of developing a business website.
For further details, see the Local Enterprise Office Cork North & West website
“Let’s talk business”
— dccae.gov.ie (@Dept_CCAE) November 10, 2016
Contact her through her business page:
A move that will see Mallow Credit Union Limited merge with Buttevant & Doneraile Credit Union Limited, Dromcollogher Credit Union Limited and Millstreet Parish Credit Union Limited has been announced.
All four credit unions, which combined have seven branch offices (Buttevant, Doneraile, Dromcollogher, Broadford, Mallow, Ballydaheen, and Millstreet) have been in discussion about the possibility of a coming together over the last year. As talks have progressed, each credit union undertook a strict examination of each other’s finances, governance, procedures and policies, and satisfied themselves as to the strengths and merits of this merger. The coming together of these four credit unions, known as a ‘Transfer of Engagements’ under the transferee, Mallow Credit Union, will result in a stronger and more vibrant credit union with increased membership. [read more …] “Millstreet, Mallow, Buttevant, & Dromcollogher Credit Unions announce Merger”
Bank of Ireland Millstreet would like to invite all business customers in the Area to a Breakfast Meeting in the Wallis Arms on Wednesday the 13th of July at 8am.
We would greatly appreciate if you would confirm [read more …] “BOI Business Customers Breakfast Meeting”
This week Mulcahy’s Pharmacy are ten years in the Square in Millstreet, and so to thank everyone, they are holding a week of free events, raffles, and more.
There’s something for everyone, and there have been a few winners already
See more on Mulcahy’s Pharmacy page [read more …] “Mulcahy’s Pharmacy 10th Anniversary Celebrations”
“I’m a dog behaviourist, and I’m here to help you and your dog to live in a harmonious way. I’m here to help you to resolve any and all problems that you encounter along the way. Please read through my website for helpful information, and if you need my help on a particular matter just call me…”
- Day 1. Practical Employment Law Workshop (including NERA)
- Day 2. Performance Management Workshop
- Day 3. Recruitment and Disciplinary Skills Workshop
Millstreet E Centre; Tuesday 9th, 16th, 23rd June 2015; 9.30am -4.30pm
Book online through the LEO website – http://bit.ly/1yuAg3z
- DigiPulse Marketing 8th April (one day). Contact Marie Collins 0876737060
- Arthritis Ireland from 9th April. Contact 01 6470206
- LEO Start Your Own Business from May 7th. Contact details at localenterprise.
Sheila, Gillian and Mairead of Reen’s Pharmacy Millstreet. Photos by TMC Photography