On Sunday, 2nd October 2022 the restored Marian Grotto at St. Joseph’s Gardens, West End, Millstreet is scheduled to be blessed at 2pm. Everyone is most welcome. We thank Eugene Barrett for this important alert to such a special event. For quite some time, Eugene indicates, a dedicated group of enthusiastic Volunteers planned, organised and brought to reality the wonderful restoration of the Marian Grotto which for decades was the central focus of the beautiful Nuns’ Walk situated to the rear of Millstreet’s Presentation Convent which was established in 1840 under the spiritual guidance of the renowned Fr. Fitzpatrick. Funding necessary for the uplifting project … such as the purchase of a new Statue of Our Lady … was received from sources which will be outlined on Sunday. Here we share images from Millstreet Museum’s Pictorial Archive which evoke memories of a special era and location in Millstreet. Tap on the images to enlarge. (S.R.)
On 29th September 2022, peacefully, in the presence of her loving family and in the wonderful care of the staff at Cork University Hospital. Beloved daughter of Dan and the late Noreen, loving sister of Collette Ryan (Mournabbey) and her brother Martin, brother-in-law Damien, sister-in-law Diane. Sadly missed by her loving family, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, kind neighbours, relatives, friends and also the caring residents and staff in Cope, Bellevue, Mallow.
May her gentle soul Rest In Peace
Reposing at her home in Lisnaboy, Cullen (Eircode P51HP97) on Friday, 30th September, from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Requiem Mass at 12 noon on Saturday, 1st October 2022, in The Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Cullen. Burial afterwards at the adjoining cemetery, Cullen. Messages of sympathy can be left on the condolence link HERE.
Pink Scooter found abandoned on Killarney Road on Thursday at 8 pm. If yours please contact 089 496 2556 .(Leave Text please)
We are recruiting Full time/Part time operatives at Cagney Contract Cleaning, Mondelez, Rathmore, Co. Kerry.
Arnold O Dwyer – 086 7743304
John Conlan – 086 1022631.
O’ Flynn Medical Ltd is a national supplier of medical equipment to hospitals and nursing homes throughout Ireland. The company promotes a continuous drive for quality and customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking applications for the role of SERVICE ENGINEER to work primarily at our headquarters in Macroom, Co Cork.
The successful applicant must have:
- A suitable electrical, instrumentation or mechanical qualification
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Be energetic and dynamic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to operate well with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Carry out the execution of the preventative maintenance routines and repair of all medical equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and equipment failures to determine root cause and instigate repair using the latest lean tools and techniques.
- Provide reactive and preventive maintenance to all decontamination equipment while also identifying the root causes of problems and suggesting process improvements for long term solutions
- Execute and update as appropriate the existing preventative maintenance programme, in order to minimise downtime and optimise plant performance.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance documentation exists for each equipment item & that it is filed in an organised & legible manner.
- Develop critical spares list for the equipment & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are readily available at all times. Ensure that an effective programme is then maintained.
- Ensure that all critical instruments are setup for routine calibrations on site system and that these calibrations are performed on or before the due date.
- Perform all tasks with due recognition of safety, environment, GDPR and other ISO procedures.
- Provide maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participate in continuous improvement follow up actions.
- Support other O’Flynn Medical teams e.g. Decontamination team
- Placement of PO’s for equipment and spares and other administration work required to carry out your functional work.
- Candidate will have to adhere to the strictest hygiene/ infection control guidelines.
- Involves working in a safe manner with due consideration for personal health and safety and that of co-workers & customers at all times.
- The role will be primarily based in house in Macroom but some on site engineering work will also be required.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have excellent IT skills.
Forklift driving experience preferable, but not essential.
email CV’s to <email>