Walkers can now choose to climb Clara Mountain OR complete the Drishane Castle Loop via Station Road. This is to suit our younger walkers who may find Clara Mountain a little too adventurous! Meeting point for both walks is the GAA Hall at 11am. All sponsorship cards to be handed up before the walk.
Thanks to Thomas Duggan for allowing us use Drishane Castle.
Hope to see a large crowd tomorrow 🙂
A recently completed research project for me traced my family back to Denis and Ellen Buckley from Knocknakilla, Millstreet, Cork. Going back to the mid 1800’s. Their children born around 1850 are; James, Daniel, Patrick, Manor, Michael, Denis, Edmund and John. The only knew that I know who went to America was Richard my great grandfather who settled in Boston. I am wondering if there are currently any Buckley’s currently residing in Knocknakilla.
I will be in Kenmare the middle of next week and plan on coming to Millstreet probably on Wednesday and would very much like to make contact with any of the family currently residing in the area.
Any assistance you might be able to provide would be immensely appreciated. All the best Jack Buckley – 0873581250.
* Children of timothy Lyons and Hanora Buckley: Johanna 1872 Patrick 1879 Timothy 1881 Catherine 1887.
* Michael Buckley & Ellen Kelliher: Mary 1886 Joseph 1893
* Daniel Buckley & Margaret Ring: James 1872 Daniel 1875.
* There is also a marriage between Patrick Buckley and nora Leary in 1895.
* Edmond Buckley & Eliza: had one son Denis (1896) [see the 1911 census]
Chimney & Headstone Cleaner
Reasonable Rates Apply