A recent audit of Millstreet’s water supply by the Environmental Protection Agency revealed that cryptosporidium — a parasite that causes gastroenteritis — had been detected on two dates in September. The HSE said there had been no reported cases in the area of anyone suffering any illness associated with drinking infected water.
The EPA found there was no treatment facility in place to prevent against cryptosporidium during the inspection, despite the fact that an assessment of the Millstreet water supply in 2015 rated the risk of cryptosporidium as “very high”. …. read the full article on the Irish Examiner