PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 13th November, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 12th November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Neily & Kathleen Dineen, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 13th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Lily & Dan Guerin, The Shop, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Andy & Kitty Walsh, Knocknageeha & Dan Meade, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Maura, Margaret & Patrick Buckley, Ballyvouskil
Anniversaries: Mary Fitzgerald, Clara Road; Peg & Paddy Coleman, Minor Row; Sheila Kelleher, The Laurels; Jer, Julia & Tim Coleman, Minor Row; Arthur O’Keeffe, Mill View; Willie C & Babe Ann O’Riordan, Main Street; Hannah Mary Riordan, Main Street; Maureen Linehan, Main Street; Brenda Kirk, West End; Tim Buckley, Murphy’s Terrace; Thomas Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace; Paddy Kelleher, Station Road; Patrick, Hanora & John Joseph Barrett, Tullig; Sheila Barrett, Aubane House; Mary Fitzgerald, Cloghoula; Julia & John C O’Leary, Adrivale; Tim & Mary O’Mahony, Flintfield; Michael O’Connor, Mologhroe; Sheila Murphy, Cahirbarnagh; James O’Sullivan, Tubber; Mary & Danny Buckley, Scartaglin; Gene Sheehan, Dublin & Millstreet; Neily Cahill, Harrow & Inches;
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 19th November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jerome O’Hare, Coole
Sunday 20th November :
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for The Holy Souls
Cullen 10.15a.m. Maura Cronin, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Denis Sheehan, Kanturk
LECTIO DIVINA method of reflection on the Sunday Gospels will take place during the Advent season. The first meeting will take place on Monday 21st November.
Rotas for Next Weekend 19th/20th November
|6.30 p.m.||Sharon Lane||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia O’Riordan||Group B|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday night for The Holy Souls & for those enrolled in The Golden Book at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Neily Cahill, Harrow & Inches at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Cormac Dineen, Mill Road at 7.30.m.
Mass on Saturday for Patrick O’Sullivan, Killarney (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (20th): Billy O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Jeremiah Fitzgerald, Knocknageeha & his daughter Betty Withers.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for First Holy Communion children & parents is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th in Cullen at 10.15a.m
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB: Annual General Meeting on next Tuesday night at 8.00p.m. (sharp) in The Parish Centre. New members welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL & MILLSTREET TIDY TOWNS & TOURISM ASSOCIATION will host a meeting in The Wallis Arms on Tuesday next 15th at 8.30p.m. with a view to setting up a heritage trail in the area. The Mill & St. Patrick’s Church to be discussed at this meeting. If anyone has any information on The Mill and St. Patrick’s Church please bring it to the meeting.
- INFORMATION EVENING on “Forever Living Aloe Vera Products” in Millstreet GAA Hall on Friday 18th November at 7.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET CHRISTMAS MARKET in Millstreet GAA Hall on Sunday 27th November between 12 noon & 5.00p.m.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY ALERT: Annual Public Crime Prevention meeting on Tuesday 22nd November at 8.30p.m. in Aubane Community Centre.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet on Friday next 18th in Canon O’Donovan Centre. Presenter: Maurice Linehan. All welcome.
- OFFICIAL LAUNCH of Angela Collins O’Mahony’s book “Steeplejill” at The Green Glens on Saturday night next at 7.30p.m. by Noel C. Duggan. All welcome.
- PAT MOORE will launch his new book “Weathering A Storm” on next Friday night 18th November at 7.30p.m. in the Listowel Arms Hotel. All welcome.
- MEDJUGORJE 2017: Flights departing on following dates: June 21st (ex Shannon) – Spiritual director Fr. Joe Begley & Fr. Danny Broderick; August 2nd (ex Cork) Youth Festival – Spiritual director: Fr. John Keane; Sept 20th (ex Cork) – Spiritual Directors: Fr. Brian Boyle & Fr. Paddy O’Byrne. Contact Tom Dennehy (087) 6468658 for further details.