PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 3rd july, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 2nd July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Dominic & Mary Ann Cronin, Knockduff
Sunday 3rd July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nora Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Bridget Hickey, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. John Kelleher, Lackabawn & the deceased members of the Kelleher Family
Anniversaries: Denis Healy, Claraghatlea; Tim Kiely, The Bridge; Patsy Tarrant, Coole; Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Rev. Brendan O’Hare, Cloghoula; Patrick & Molly Kelleher, Tullig; Thomas & Mary Barrett, Killowen; Catherine Barrett, Killowen; Eugie O’Connell, Dooneen; Patrick Murphy, Flintfield; Jimmy Walsh, Cullen; Abbie O’Regan, Ballydaly; Eugene & Margaret McCarthy, Coolinarne; Paddy & Nora O’Connell, London; Joan Daly, Mallow; Nora Murphy, Drishane Road & Beaufort; Michael & Elsie Barry, Clondrohid; Cornelius O’Mahony, Laught.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 9th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Frank Reen Snr, Main Street
Sunday 10th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Christy Philpott, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Jack & Mary O’Brien, Carrigaline, Rathmore
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Patsy Tarrant, Coole
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Jackie & Kathleen Forde, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Denis Healy, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Tim Kiely, The Bridge at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Brendan Hickey, Main Street at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 9th/10th July
|6.30 p.m.||Sharon Lane||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Sr. Peter Fahy|
|9.00 a.m.||Brendan O’Sullivan||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Tom O’Riordan||Group E|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (10th): Conor Morley
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Christy & Bunnie Morley, Cullen & their daughter Nuala Joyce.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET HOSPITAL FUND will hold their annual Church Gate collection in Millstreet on next weekend (9th/10th July). Your support is greatly appreciated.
- CULLEN COMMUNITY CENTRE: Weekly 45 Card Night on Wednesday’s in The Community Centre at 9.00p.m. €10 to play.
- THE CRYSTAL PROJECT – the community dementia project in North Cork, led by the HSE, are currently looking for volunteers in the area. They are looking for kind, caring & dependable people to join their team of social volunteer visitors. Please contact: Christine O’Riordan (086) 0255205 or Sheena Cadoo (086) 7871818 or visit: crystalproject.ie
- THANK YOU from the Irish Blood Transfusion Service to the 127 donors who supported their recent blood clinic in Millstreet
- MALLOW HOSPITAL wishes to thank the volunteers and those who generously supported their recent church gate collection in Cullen. Total collected: €797
- GLENSTAL ABBEY: “Gift yourself a day away” on Tuesday 5th or 6th July at the Annual Ladies Retreat. Henry O’Shea, a member of the community will lead the day. To book a place (061) 621005
- LIZ LUCEY MEMORIAL: Vintage run, walk & cycle will take place on 10th July in Inchigeela, Co. Cork.
- PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK & LOUGH DERG: 22nd-24th August – 3 day Pilgrimage. Contact Cormac O’Connor Coach Tours (023) 8849196.
- NATIONAL GRANDPARENTS PILGRIMAGE: Sunday 11th September at Our Lady of Knock Shrine. Chief celebrant: Archbishop Michael Neary. For further details email: <email>
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY TEXT ALERT system is now in operation in the area. Any suspicious sightings of persons/vehicles are to be reported to Macroom Garda (026) 20590 (24hr). If you wish to join this system please contact Pat (087)2435855, Marie (087) 2802529 or Joseph (087) 2823646.
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: “Young people can run fast, but old people know the way.”