PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 24th January, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Percy Hunter, Castletownroche; Alex Ryan
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 23rd January:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Joan Duggan, West End
Sunday 24th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Murphy Family, Ballydaly Lower
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Mary O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Con O’Sullivan, Claramore
ANNIVERSARIES: Tim O’Riordan, Minor Row; Maura Dowling, Murphy’s Terrace; Eddie O’Connor, Station Road; Hannie Murphy, Cockhill; Denis & Ellen Murphy, Tullig; Margaret Mullane, Coolikerane; Theresa McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Joan Murphy, Knocknakilla; Tim Dennehy, Two Gneeves; Patrick Kearney, Lisnaboy. Timothy & Bridget Nugent, Drumcollogher.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 30th January:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen
Sunday 31st January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
Cullen 10.15a.m. Johnny & Hannah Mary Fleming, Mologhroe & Davy & Kitty Fleming, London & Mayo
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peter & Nora Dineen, Cloghoula
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Mary O’Connor (recently deceased) & Eddie O’Connor, Station Road at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Hannie Murphy, Cockhill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Tim O’Riordan, Minor Row at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 30th/31st January
|6.30 p.m.||Deirdre Meade||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Raymond Gilbourne|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Mgt. Cooper||Group A|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (31st): Billy O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Eileen Kelleher & her son Larry Kelleher, Mologhroe
DIOCESE OF KERRY EARTH WEEK: 17th-24th April: The theme this year if “biodiversity”. A meeting to explain this further will be held in The Meadowlands Hotel, Tralee on 2nd February at 7.30p.m. Further details on www.dioceseofkerry.ie
- MILLSTREET MENS–SHED: Open evening on Tuesday 26th January at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual sponsored weigh-in continues every Monday at 8.00p.m.
- CULLEN PIPE BAND will celebrate its 75th Anniversary in the Dromhall Hotel on 19th Tickets €30 available from Patrick (087) 6333793 or Con (087)2347651
- CULLEN NATIONAL SCHOOL: Enrolment application forms will be available in the school between 1st & 5th February during school hours or can be downloaded from the school website: cullenns.ie. Completed forms to be returned to the school by 5th February.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Music & games event for adults of all ages in the school on Thursday next 28th between 2.00 & 3.00p.m. Admission free, home-baked refreshments.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL presents Sean O’Casey’s play “The Plough & the Stars” on 2nd, 3rd & 4th February at 8.m. Tickets from school.
- MILLSTREET CAMOGIE CLUB: Registration night on Monday next 25th in the Parish Centre at 7.00p.m. U-18’s €30 & Over 18’s: €40.00. Annual Church Gate Collection for Camogie Club will take place next weekend.
- MILLSTREET ATHLETIC CLUB: Annual General Meeting on Thursday next 28th in the Youth Centre at 8.30p.m. All welcome
- MILLSTREET CHRISTMAS LIGHT COMMITTEE will meet in the Square on Thursday next 28th at 7pm, and would be very grateful to anyone who would be free to volunteer a few hours to help take down the Christmas lights. Electricians, helpers and cherry pickers are especially required. Thanks to all who volunteered and gave of their time to put up our wonderful Christmas display this year.
- LITTLE TREASURERS PRE-SCHOOL: If you have booked your child in for the school year 2016/2017 please contact Rena (087) 9262842 to ensure we can accommodate each child.
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible” (St. Francis of Assisi)