PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Ascension of the Lord – 17th May, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Stephen O’Riordan, Galway & late of Kippagh.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 16th May:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. John Joe Dineen, Shinnagh & Rathduane
Sunday 17th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Lena & Jackie Cronin, Lackabawn
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Deceased members of the Lehane & McKelvey Families, Lissaniska
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Kitty & Arthur Moynihan, Flintfield
Anniversaries: Tony Galvin, Main Street; Mary Breen, Killarney Road; Michael Lucey, Clara Road; Jack Healy, Kilmeedy; Mary & Peter Cremin, Flintfield; Michael McSweeney, Flintfield; John Joe O’Mahony, Cockhill; Timothy Moynihan, Ballydaly; Bob Sullivan, Gortavehy; John Dineen, Cahirbarnagh; Julie Hickey, Mologhroe; Timothy Kelleher, Lislehane; John & Jenny Collins, Dunmanway; Joan Cronin, Kilcorney; Emma Dineen, Carrigaline, Rathmore; Jerry McCarthy, Cork & Knocknagree;
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 23rd May:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Denis O’Hare, Coole
Sunday 24th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy Cullen 10.15a.m. Nan, Humphrey & Kathleen O’Donoghue
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Sonny Dennehy, Gneeves at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Jack Healy, Kilmeedy & his daughter Margaret O’Connor at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Timothy Moynihan, Ballydaly at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00am.
Mass on Friday for Patricia Kelly, Coomlogane at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 23rd/24th May
|6.30 p.m.||Deirdre Meade||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Raymond Gilbourne|
|9.00 a.m.||Daniel Guerin||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Ann Murphy||Group B|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (24th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Nuala Joyce, Tralee & her parents Christy & Bonnie Morley, Lislehane.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
LECTIO DIVINA: On Monday 18th May a meeting will be held on the “Lectio Divina” method of reflection on the Sunday Gospel in the Parish Centre at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
YEAR FOR CONSECRATED LIFE: To mark the Year of Consecrated Life, Bishop Ray has invited all the religious of the diocese to the 6.15p.m. Vigil Mass in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney on Saturday 23rd May. Pope Francis announced 2015 as the Year for Consecrated Life, an opportunity to celebrate the gift of religious life in our Church. Everyone is invited to join in this celebration where we will mark this year in prayer together. Light refreshments in St. Brendan’s college afterwards.
- MILLSTREET PRESENTATION NATIONAL SCHOOL: Open morning for new junior infants on next Wednesday (20th) between 10.00 & 11.00a.m.
- CLOGHOULA PATTERN DAY: On Sunday 24th May commencing at 1.00p.m. Activities include: races, football blitz, sports, bouncing castle, cake sale and many side shows. Fun for all the family.
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Bishop Ray Browne will celebrate Mass in the Church of the Resurrection, Killarney on Saturday 23rd May at 2.00p.m. for the intentions of all parish adorers. Mass will be followed by a cup of tea and some refreshments. All are welcome.
- KILCORNEY GROTTO: Annual Mass at Kilcorney Grotto on Tuesday next (19th) at 8.00p.m.
- DROMTARIFFE ICA will have Gneeveguilla Garden Centre as guest speakers on Tuesday 19th May at 8.00p.m.
- THANK YOU from Irish Cancer Society to everyone who supported their recent Church Gate Collection in Ballydaly. Total collected: €335.00.
- LITTLE TREASURES PRE-SCHOOL: Parents of children whose child will be attending this pre-school in September 2015 are reminded to return the registration forms to the school to ensure your free school year place. For details contact Rena (087) 9262842
- TUBRID WELL: Annual Mass on Friday 29th May at 7:30p.m.