PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fifth Sunday of Easter – 3rd May, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> http://www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: James McLoughlin, Killarney & London
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 2nd May:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Mary Ann Kelleher, Gneeves
Sunday 3rd May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Han O’Leary, Toorbonia (recently deceased)
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Con Keane, Minor Row & Coolikerane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Con & Peggy Lane, Cahirdowney
Anniversaries: Margaret Barrett, The Square; Denis Hickey, Mill Lane; Joe McSweeney, Killarney Road; Michael Dennehy, Coomlogane; Hannie Lane, Aubane; James & Julia O’Sullivan, Gortavehy; Sr. Veronica & Fr. Dan Cronin; Ellen Scannell, Rylane.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 9th May:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Margaret Barrett, The Square
Sunday 10th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Helen O’Donnell, (nee Philpott) Ballydaly & Porturlin (recently deceased) Cullen 10.15a.m Denis T & Peg Murphy, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Donie Murphy, West End
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for John Joe Tangney, Main Street (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Hannie & Jackie Lane, Aubane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Bernie O’Byrne, West End & England at 10.00a.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 9th/10th May
|6.30 p.m.||Dr. Pat Casey||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Veronica Lyons|
|9.00 a.m.||Eileen Guerin||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Julianne O’Brien||Group H|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (10th): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Christy McCormick, Umberaboy & Cloghroe
Saturday 9th May: First Holy Communion Mass at 11.00a.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LECTIO DIVINA: On Monday 4th May a meeting will be held on the “Lectio Divina” method of reflection on the Sunday Gospel in the Parish Centre at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
COURSE IN PASTORAL MINISTRY 2015/2016: Application forms available from Parish Office.
MARRIAGE REFERENDUM INFORMATION MEETING: Wednesday 13th May in Teach Iosagain, Rathmore at 8.00p.m. This meeting is hosted by Mothers & Fathers Matter Kerry.
- TUBRID WELL: The Rosary will be recited at the grotto each evening at 8.00p.m. for the month of May. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Language & Culture Night on Thursday 7th May at 7.p.m. in Community School Library
- THANK YOU from Millstreet GAA Club to everyone who supported our Church Gate Collection last weekend.
- MILLSTREET TWINNING: To celebrate 30th years of our twinning the committee invite anyone interested in visiting Pommerit between 29th August & 5th September to contact Liam Flynn or any committee member. Flights ex Cork.
- LITTLE TREASURES PRE-SCHOOL: Parents of children whose child will be attending this pre-school in September 2015 are reminded to return the registration forms to the school to ensure your free school year place. For details contact Rena (087) 9262842
- IRD DUHALLOW: Community Consultation Meeting on Monday 11th May in Millstreet GAA Hall for the communities of Millstreet, Aubane, Ballydaly & Rathcoole at 8.00p.m. The LEADER Programme for 2014-2020 will be the main item for discussion and implications of the reduced funding.
- DROMTARIFFE WELL DAY: Wednesday 6th Mass will be celebrated at the Holy Well at 8.00p.m. Refreshments and an hour of Ceol agus Craic in the Parish Hall afterwards. Everybody welcome – free admission.
- LOUGH DERG: Special retreat day on Wednesday 20th Fr. Hughes will facilitate the day – “Hope and encouragement for a new beginning”. Advance booking essential. Contact (071) 9861518
- CONGRATULATIONS to the pupils of Millstreet Girls & Boys National Schools, Cullen & Cloghoula National schools on receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation during the week.