PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Third Sunday of Advent – 14th December, 2014
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Elizabeth Moore, Liscreagh; Willie Moynihan, Cullen & England; Maureen Slevin, Drumrain, Lisnaskea, Co. Fermanagh (Dec 3rd)
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 13th December:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis & Kitty O’Sullivan, Rathduane Sunday 14th December:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Kathy & Denis Kiely, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Peter Murphy, Rathduane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Denis Cashman, Tullig
Anniversaries: Con, Hannah & John Buckley, Mushera & Church Street; Patrick O’Flynn, West End; Daniel O’Connell, West End; Patrick Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace; Mary Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace; Patrick M. O’Sullivan, Minor Row; Seamus Coffey, Macroom Road; Neily Collins, Drishane Road; Kit Radley, Minor Row; Michael O’Riordan, Tullig; Ryan Noah Dineen-Cleary, Liscahane; John O’Riordan, Knocknakilla; Jack Murphy, Cahirdowney; Tom Cronin, Coolinarne; Timmy Keane, Coolikerane; William O’Brien, Nohovaldaly; Peg Counihan, Dublin.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 20th December:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Pat Kelly, Coomlogane
Sunday 21st December:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Helen Moynihan, Lackadota
Cullen 10.15 am. Jerry O’Leary, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Helen Walsh, Dooneen
Millstreet Church: Mass times for coming week, unless there is a funeral
Mass on Monday for Mary Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Patrick Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Reach Out Cancer Support Group at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Thursday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Thomas Cronin, Coolinarne at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet
Rotas for Next Weekend 20th/21st December
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Ronan Galvin|
|9.00 a.m.||Denis O’Brien||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Liam Fitzgerald||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (21st): Billy O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for William O’Brien, Nohovaldaly
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00am. to 7.00p.m.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for parents and children preparing for First Holy Communion is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st in Cullen at 10.15a.m. All parents/guardians are asked to participate in this programme
In preparation for Christmas the following Penitential Services will take place in Millstreet, Dromagh & Rathmore Churches.
Rathmore Church: Sunday 21st December: 3.00 – 7.00p.m.
Dromagh Church: Monday 22nd December 7.30p.m.
Millstreet Church: Tuesday 23rd December: The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed in the Church from 7.30 – 8.30p.m. Visiting Priests will be available for Confessions.
CHRISTMAS MASS TIMES:
MILLSTREET: Christmas Eve – 10.00p.m; Christmas Morning – 8.30a.m. & 11.30am
CULLEN: Christmas Eve – 7.30p.m. & Christmas Morning – 10.15a.m.
BALLYDALY: Christmas Morning – 9.00a.m.
- MILLSTREET CREDIT UNION: Annual Mass in Credit Union on Tuesday 16th at 8.00p.m. All welcome
- MILLSTREET REACH OUT CANCER SUPPORT GROUP will hold a Mass for the deceased members of our group and for anybody else who has been affected in any way by cancer on Wednesday night at 7.30p.m.. Tea and refreshments in Parish Centre after. All welcome.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: wish to thank all who contributed to the success of their Annual Christmas Mass & Party. Committee meeting on Monday 15th at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET GAA: Annual Christmas walk on St. Stephen’s Day. Registration between 11 & 11.30a.m. at GAA Hall.
- CLINIC: Bernard Moynihan will hold monthly clinic in McCarthy’s Bar, The Square on Monday 15th December at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET MARYMOUNT HOSPICE FUNDRAISER: Thank everyone who supported their fundraising event. The total raised was €7,523.52 and has been presented to the Friends of Marymount Hospice.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: “Rolling through the Years” quiz will take place in the school on Thursday 18th Dec at 1.30p.m. All welcome.
- CAKE SALE to raise money for travel costs of six 5th years going to Lourdes at Easter with IHCPT will take place on next Saturday after 6.30p.m. Mass in Parish Centre.
- CHRISTMAS THOUGHT CARDS are available after all Masses this weekend.