PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirty Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 16th November, 2014
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Margaret Kelleher, Carriganima & Ballinatona; Mary O’Riordan, Kilbrin; John O’Callaghan, Macroom.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 15th November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Aidan Burke, Drishanemore
Sunday 16th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Deceased members of the Carroll Family Coolinarne
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Andy & Kitty Walsh, Knocknageeha &
Dan Meade, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Sheila Kelleher, The Laurels, Minor Row
Anniversaries: Peg Dunne, Murphy’s Terrace; Peg & Paddy Coleman, Minor Row; Hannah Mary Riordan, Main Street; Jer, Julia & Tim Coleman, Minor Row; Hannah Tarrant, Liscreagh; Nellie Kelleher, Lackabawn; Arthur O’Keeffe, Mill View; Mary O’Regan, Station Road; Sheila Barrett, Aubane; Paddy Kelleher, Station Road; Michael (Mick Hugh) O’Connor, Mologhroe; Gene Sheehan, Millstreet & Dublin; Danny & Mary Buckley, Scartaglin; Denis Sheehan, Kanturk; Margaret O’Sullivan, Kilcorney; Neily Cahill, Rathmore
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 22nd November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jerome O’Hare, Coole
Sunday 23rd November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mary Guiney, Drishane Road
Cullen 10.15 am. Phil Cremin Church Hill & The Cronin Family
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Neily Cahill, Rathmore
Millstreet Church: Mass schedule this week, unless there is a funeral
Mass on Monday for The Holy Souls & those enrolled in our Golden Book at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Jeremiah Fitzgerald, Knocknageeha & his daughter Betty Withers
Mass on Wednesday for Nellie Kelleher, Lackabawn at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday is Presentation Day Mass at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Saturday for Sheila Sherlock, Drishane View at 10.00a.m
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 22nd/23rd November
|6.30 p.m.||Sharon Lane||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Sr. Peter Fahy|
|9.00 a.m.||Josephine Murphy||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Margaret Cooper||Group A|
MILLSTREET CHURCH: Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (23rd): Sean Hickey
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for the Holy Souls
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00am -7.00p.m.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for parents and children preparing for First Holy Communion is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd in Cullen at 10.15a.m. All parents/guardians are asked to participate in this programme.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Retreat for 2nd & Junior Cert Students on Tuesday 18th November in Millstreet Parish Centre. Anyone able to host two of the young adult team members the night before please contact John Magee at the school.
- CLOGHOULA N.S. CLOTHES COLLECTION: Any unwanted clothing, bedding, household textiles may be dropped off to the school any day between 10.00 & 2.30p.m.
- CULLEN YOUNG AT HEART: Christmas Lunch & afternoon dancing in The Riverside Park Hotel, Macroom on Thursday 11th Immediate booking essential as places are limited. Cover charge €25 to be paid by 23rd November. Contact any committee member.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Meeting on Monday 17th November at 8.00p.m. Annual Christmas Mass & Party Saturday 6th
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE meets in the Canon O’Donovan Centre next Friday 21st November at 8.15p.m. The presenter is Michael Drew.
- MINDFULNESS COURSE for people in recovery from drug & alcohol addiction and family members. Contact Macroom Community Drugs Initiative (086) 8031109
- TOMAS ASHE LECTURE: A lecture entitled “Tomas Ashe – The Patriot’s Dublin Days” will be given by Micheál O Morain O.S., in Tralee Library on Tuesday 18th at 7.30p.m. All are welcome
- KERRY DIABETIC SUPPORT GROUP is hosting their Annual Coffee morning in the Royal Hotel, Killarney on Wednesday 19th November from 30a.m. – 12.30p.m. All are welcome
- CLINIC: Bernard Moynihan will hold his monthly clinic on third Monday night of every month at 7.30p.m. starting on 17th November at McCarthy’s Bar by kind permission of the Murphy Family.
- BOHERBUE CHRISTMAS MARKET: Sunday 23rd November in Boherbue Hall between 2.00 & 5.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SINGERS wish to thank all those who supported them last Friday night at their CD Launch. This CD is available to purchase in Wordsowoth, Supervalu, Colemans Centra or from any choir member.