Sixth Sunday of Easter
14th May 2023
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
All Masses are livestreamed on www.churchservices.tv/millstreet
Parish Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
RECENT DEATHS: Con O’Callaghan, Liscahane & Dublin.
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 13th May:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. Bridget & Patrick O’Sullivan, Dooneen; Jerry Carroll, Station Road (recently deceased).
Sunday 14th May:
Cullen 9.30a.m. Nan & the deceased members of the O’Donoghue Family, Gortnacreeha; Sr. Catherine Philomena Lehane, Lissaniska & London (recently deceased) and the deceased members of the Lehane & McKelvey Families, Lissaniska; Mary Agnes & Peter Murphy, Rathduane.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Tade Corkery, Dooneen; Jack Healy, Kilmeedy; Breeda Kelleher, Station Road.
ANNIVERSARIES: Fintan Kiely, Liscahane; John Corkery, Clarabeg; Mary & Michael Flaherty, Ballydaly; John & Paddy Murphy, Rathduane House; John Dineen, Cahirbarnagh; Bob, Canon Eugene & Fr. Pat Joe O’Sullivan, Gortavehy; Julia Hickey, Cullen; Katrina Hickey, Ballyvourney; John & Jenny Collins, Dunmanway; Tim McAuliffe, Cork; Jerry McCarthy, Cork & Knocknagree; Joan Cronin, Curraraigue.
Mass Intentions for NEXT WEEKEND:
Saturday 20th May:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. John Barry, Lackabawn, his parents Margaret & Dan & the deceased members of The Barry Family; Betty & Timothy O’Callaghan, Shronebeha & their son Dermot; Donal McCarthy, Aubane (First Anniversary)
Sunday 21st May:
Ballydaly 9.30a.m. Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jack Corkery, Liscahane (First Anniversary); Denis O’Hare, Coole; Michael McSweeney, Flintfield.
PASTORAL AREA PRIEST ON DUTY: Sunday 14th: Fr. John Fitzgerald (029) 70043/ (087) 7752948. Sunday 21st: Fr. Jim Kennelly (029)76151/ (087) 2401331
|Rotas for next weekend 20th & 21st May|
|Millstreet||6.15 p.m.||Catríona Kelleher||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin||Group B|
|Ballydaly||9.30 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Marcella Moynihan|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (15th) May for Private Intention at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (16th) for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (17th) for Mary Kerwin, Moreland, USA; Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (18th) for Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday (19th) for The deceased members of the O’Riordan Family, Tullig and the Duggan Family, Carriganima at 7.30p.m.
LEGION OF MARY every Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS every Saturday in Millstreet Church at 12.30p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Mass on Thursday (18th) for Private Intention Cullen at 7.30p.m.
BALLYDALY COLLECTOR for 21st May: Johnny McCarthy
MILLSTREET PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL meeting on Tuesday night at 7.45p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 21st & 28th May: Group E
DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK 26th AUGUST
It is hoped to have sufficient numbers from our Pastoral Area to bring a bus on the Kerry Diocesan Pilgrimage to Knock. Details and form to complete are at the back of each Church.
- TUBRID WELL: The Rosary will be recited nightly at 8.00p.m. during May.
- AUBANE GROTTO: The Rosary will be recited on Thursday nights during the month of May at 8.00p.m.
- COFFEE MORNING: To celebrate Autism Awareness the Presentation National School will hold a coffee morning on Wednesday 17th May in the Parish Centre between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. All funds raised will go towards the purchase of outdoor sensory equipment.
- FRIENDS OF MILLSTREET COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Annual General Meeting will take place on Wednesday 17thMay at 7. 30p.m.in Parish Centre. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE: Celebrating the Festival ofBealtaine 2023. This month’s presentation will take place on Friday 19th May at 8.15p.m. in the Canon O’Donovan Centre. Guest presenter is Con Kelleher, Cloghoulabeg. All welcome.
- ALL IRELAND ROSARY RALLY on Saturday 3rdJune from 1p.m. at Knock Shrine. Main Celebrant Archbishop Eamon Martin.
- GROW is a 12 step Peer support programme for people living with depression, anxiety, or any emotional issue in their lives. Meetings are totally confidential, anonymous, and free to attend. Meetings on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7.30p.m. in Ross Café, Killarney. For more information contact Noreen (086) 1726004 or www.grow.ie