Third Sunday of Lent
12th March 2023
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
All Masses are livestreamed on www.churchservices.tv/millstreet
Parish Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
RECENT DEATH: Edward (Edsie) McSweeney, Murphy’s Terrace; Mary Lawler, Lackabawn.
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 11th March:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. Brenda & the deceased members of the Hartnett Family, The Bridge; Billy & Mary Jo Murphy, Coole.
Sunday 12th March:
Cullen 9.30a.m. Paul Hickey, Cullen (1st Anniversary); Timothy, Hannah & Timmy O’Connor, Lisnaboy; Mary Hickey, Carrigaline.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. People of the Parish
ANNIVERSARIES: Sr. Barbara Davis, Tanyard; John Radley, The Square; Kathleen & Danny Joe Cotter, Liscahane; Séamus McCarthy, Carrigacooleen; Neilie O’Leary, Toorbonia; Nevaeh Keane, Coolikerane; Kate Murphy, Flintfield; Dan Joe & Donie Dineen, Cahirbarnagh; Rev. Fr. Donal O’Hare, Cloghoulamore & USA; Timmy Cronin, Mologhroe; Kathleen Dennehy, Bolomore.
Mass Intentions for ST. PATRICK’S DAY:
Thursday 16th March:
Millstreet 7.30p.m. Eily & John Joe Greaney, Lackabawn
Friday 17th March:
Ballydaly 9.30a.m. Private Intention
Cullen 9.30a.m. The current & deceased members of Cullen Pipe Band.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. The current & deceased members of Millstreet Pipe Band.
Mass Intentions for NEXT WEEKEND:
Saturday 18th March:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. Julia, Denny & Jerry Kelleher, Cahirdowney; Daniel & Elizabeth Creedon, Cloghoula.
Sunday 19th March:
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dan Lyons, Dooneen; John & Mary Ellen Radley, The Square; James & Nora O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the Kirby families, Dooradoyle.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday in Millstreet Church from 10.30a.m. to 7.30p.m.
|Rotas for St. Patrick’s Day 16th/17th March|
|Millstreet||7.30 p.m.||Maria Kelleher||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Member of Pipe Band||Group C|
|Ballydaly||9.30a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Eileen Guerin|
|Cullen||9.30 a.m.||Member of Pipe Band||Joan O’Donoghue|
|Rotas for next weekend 18th & 19th March|
|Millstreet||6.15 p.m.||Catríona Kelleher||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin||Group A|
|Ballydaly||9.30 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Marcella Moynihan|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (13th) Funeral Mass for Mary Lawler, Lackabawn at 11.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday (14th) for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (15th) for Kathy & James Twohig, Aunagloor at 10.00a.m.
CONFESSIONS every Saturday at 12.30p.m. in Millstreet Church.
LEGION OF MARY meets every Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 7.30p.m.
PASTORAL AREA PRIEST ON DUTY: Sunday 12th March: Fr. John Fitzgerald (029) 70043/ (087) 7752948. Sunday 19th March: Fr. Joe Tarrant (064) 7751104/ (086) 3978642
BALLYDALY COLLECTOR for 17th & 19th March: Timmy Murphy
CULLEN COLLECTOR for 17th March: Conor Morley.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS: Annual sponsored weigh-in final night on next Monday (13th). Presentation of cheques and prizes will be made on the night. Please return sponsor cards on or before Monday night.
- MILLSTREET CAMOGIE CLUB will hold a fundraising table quiz on Thursday 16th March at 8.00p.m. in the Wallis Arm Hotel. Support would be appreciated.
- MILLSTREET MOTHER & BABY GROUP every Thursday in Millstreet Parish Centre at 11.00a.m. Guest speakers in March. 16thMarch – Red Cross Hand Massage; 30th March – Discussion on pelvic floor health by Maria McCabe, Physiotherapist.
- MILLSTREET ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE: on Thursday 17thMarch at 4.45p.m. Live music from 4.00p.m. with Peter Lane. Prizes for various categories. Entry forms available from <email>.
- ‘A CELEBRATION OF CULTURE AND INCLUSION’. Thurs. 23rd March @7pm in Millstreet Comm. School. All welcome.
- IRD DUHALLOW DAWN MASS at the Source of the Blackwater, Ballydesmond on Friday, 24th of March. Assembly at 6.45am sharp. For further information please contact Stephanie Moynihan on 029-60633.