First Sunday in Advent
27th November 2022
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
All Masses are livestreamed on www.churchservices.tv/millstreet
Parish Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the Souls of the following:
RECENT DEATHS: Betty Murphy (née Corkery), Waterford & Dereen; Patsy O’Sullivan, Kiskeam; Seán Murphy, Watergrasshill; John Kelleher, The Bridge & Harlow.
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 26th November:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. Denis O’Rahilly, Murphy’s Terrace; John Anthony O’Sullivan, Ballydaly, his parents Denis & Kitty & deceased members of The O’Sullivan Family.
Sunday 27th November:
Cullen 9.30a.m. Phil Cremin, Church Hill; Maura, Tom & the deceased members of the Cronin Family, Knockduff; Andy & Pauline O’Sullivan, Lisnaboy; Noel Duggan, Lisnaboy & his daughter Noreen Lucas
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Julia Mary O’Sullivan, Fairfield Rise (1st Anniversary); Moya Murphy, Claramore.
ANNIVERSARIES: Aidan Burke, Drishanemore; Joan Healy, Minor Row; Margaret O’Byrne, West End; Garrett Hickey, West End; Breda & Pat Broderick, Clara Road; Denis O’Shea, Pound Hill; Patrick, Margaret & Maura Buckley, Ballyvouskil; Julia & John C. O’Leary, Adrivale; Jerh Linehan, Gneeves; Margaret O’Connor, Kilmeedy; Peter Murphy, Rathduane; Willie Joe & Peggy O’Keeffe, Cullen; Martin Healy, Carriganima; Tim & Mary O’Mahony, Flintfield; Batt & Julia Cronin, Tureencahill; Jackie & Mary Murphy, Boherbue; Vera & Noel Moylan, Shannon.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 3rd December:
Millstreet 6.15p.m. Margaret & Frank Reen, Main Street & their son D.J (recently deceased); Mickie O’Connor, Ballinkeen & Mallow (1st Anniversary)
Sunday 4th November:
Ballydaly 9.30a.m. Eddie Tucker, Whitegate & Ballydaly (1st Anniversary); Kathleen Mulcahy, Annagloor.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael O’Mahony, Murphy’s Terrace (recently deceased)
LEGION OF MARY every Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 7.30p.m.
|Rotas for Next Weekend 3rd/4th December|
|Millstreet||6.15 p.m.||Catríona Kelleher||M. Kelleher; Mgt. O’Sullivan; J. Reardon; T. Buckley,|
|11.30 a.m.||O’Mahony Family||M. McSweeney;
R. Murphy; J. Buckley; J. Doody.
|Ballydaly||9.30 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Mary Murphy|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Monday 28th: Funeral Mass for Betty Murphy, Waterford & Dereen at 11.00a.m. followed by burial in Drishane Cemetery.
Monday 28th: There will not be a Mass at 7.30pm
Tuesday 29th: Mass for The Holy Souls at 10.00a.m.
Wednesday 30th : Mass for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Thursday 1st: Mass for Nora Hickey, Kilcommon, Thurles at 10.00a.m.
Friday 2nd: Mass for Reach out Cancer Support Group at 10.00a.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday in Millstreet Church from 10.30a.m. to 7.30p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Mass on Tuesday 29th for Geff O’Sullivan, Cullen (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m. Please note there will be no Mass on Thursday
BALLYDALY CHURCH COLLECTOR for Sunday 4th: Johnny McCarthy
FIRST FRIDAY CALLS: Fr. Fitzgerald will make First Friday Calls for the month of December during the coming week.
PASTORAL AREA PRIEST ON DUTY: Sunday 27th: Fr. Joe Tarrant (064) 7751104/(086) 3978642. Sunday 4th: Fr. Jim Kennelly (029) 76151/(087) 2401331
- CULLEN N.S. extends an invitation to our parish to visit the school on Wednesday 30thNovember between 6.30 & 8.30p.m. to view the science, technology, engineering & maths projects & “Our whole school history museum”. Admission free.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS Annual Mass & Christmas Party will take place on Saturday 3rdDecember at 1.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET DAY CARE CENTRE: Arts & Crafts Showcase on Sunday 4thDecember between 12.15 & 2.00p.m. in Day Care Centre. All funds raised in aid of Millstreet Day Centre.
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB: Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 7thDecember at 8.15p.m. in Millstreet Parish Centre.
- CORK’S HAMPER PACKERS ANNUAL APPEAL: Drop off points until 12thDecember – O’Regan’s Mills, Millstreet (Hannah). Collection in Millstreet Car Park Friday 9th December between 1.30 & 3.30 & Saturday 10th00 to 12 noon. Food hampers will be made up for the homeless acceptable include items: coffee/tea/cereal bars/ sweets/ easy open tins of fruit, fish, small packs of rice & cup-a-soup, hygiene items for men, small items of clothing.
- POOR CLARE SISTERS: Advent Zoom Meeting 3rdDecember at 3.00p.m. To receive link email: vocationspoorclarescork @gmail.com