Based in North Cork , Avonmore Electrical Co. Ltd provides Industry with a variety of electro-mechanical repair services, since establishment over 60 years ago. We are a privately owned company, small enough to care, yet big enough to cater for large complex electro-mechanical machinery maintenance and repair. We are fiercely proud of our reputation for being the partner of choice for key industry in Ireland.
We are seeking a suitable candidate who will be fully trained to undertake mechanical works carried out in the workshop in a busy manufacturing industry organisation. The ideal candidate will have a well developed mechanical aptitude, be up for a challenge, work with great attention to detail, on their own initiative, or as part of a Team. The position may suit an individual who has previous experience as a mechanic. You will be joining a Team of unique experts in the electro-mechanical field, who will impart their knowledge on a daily basis. Every day will be an opportunity to learn.
• Overhaul and repair of pumps, gearboxes, other electro-mechanical equipment as required.
• Maintenance and repair of damaged/worn parts, servicing, checking components etc.
• Assist as part of workshop team in larger works.
• Other duties as required in a busy workshop environment.
• Experience in a mechanical role would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of aspects of electro/mechanical equipment, i.e., motors, gearboxes, pumps, fans would be beneficial but not necessary.
• Good record keeping ability of each job worked – use of internal record keeping system.
• Experience in a busy workshop environment is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills –written and verbal.
• Strong work ethic, with flexibility, is expected.
• Working to set time frames.
• Ability to comply with H&S regulations and wearing of the correct PPE.