Twenty Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
25th September 2022
World Day of Migrants & Refugees
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
All Masses are livestreamed on www.churchservices.tv/millstreet
Parish Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the Souls of the following:
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 24th September:
Millstreet Vigil 6.15 p.m. Nellie Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace (First Anniversary), her husband Denis, son Thomas & daughter Eileen.
Sunday 25th September:
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Dan Mulcahy, Aunagloor
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Mick, Bill & the deceased members of the Kelleher Family, Killowen; Dan Joe & the deceased members of the Cronin family, Pound Hill.
ANNIVERSARIES: Margaret O’Shea, Killowen; Ellen O’Riordan, Tullig; Tom Murphy, Main Street; Joan Daly, The Bridge; Mary Dineen, Knocknapogue; Mary O’Keeffe, Glountane; Hannah & Matthew Murphy, Lisnaboy; Noreen Dennehy, Rathcoole; Dermot O’Callaghan, Shronebeha; Mary Collins, Fedamore; Tim Dennehy, Knockraha; Peggy Collins, Newmarket & West End; Helen O’Shea – Rampellberg, Murphy’s Terrace & Belgium; Denis & Nora O’Sullivan, Inches.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 1st October:
Millstreet 6.15 p.m. Detta Corcoran, Pound Hill (First Anniversary)
Sunday 2nd October:
Cullen 9.30a.m. Patrick Kelleher, Lisnaboy; Kathleen O’Sullivan & her son Timmy, Ballydaly; David Twomey, Ardfert
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Tim Dennehy, Knockraha; Kitty O’Donoghue, Macroom
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday in Millstreet Church from 10.30a.m. to 7.30p.m. All welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30pm.-1.00p.m.
|Rotas for Next Weekend 1st/2nd October|
|Millstreet||6.15 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Clara Manley;
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Lane||Gobnait Creedon;
|Cullen||9.30 a.m.||Marie O’Sullivan||Mary O’Leary|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Joan Daly, The Bridge & the deceased members of the Daly & O’Donoghue families at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Noreen Dennehy, Rathcoole at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Noreen Downing (nee O’Mahony), Murphy’s Terrace & Killarney (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: There will be no Mass next Thursday (29th).
CULLEN CHURCH COLLECTOR for Sunday (2nd): Willie O’Connell.
- BALLYDALY HALL: Cards resume on Sunday 2ndOctober at 8.30p.m.
- KERRY PROLIFE will hold a Pro-life rally in the Square, Tralee on Saturday 1stOctober at 2.30p.m. Further information from (087) 6590551.
- COASTAL ROSARY FOR FAITH & LIFE IN IRELAND on Sunday 9th October at 2.30p.m. To join in a Rosary location text (087) 2786552
- TUSLA, The Child and Family Agency, are currently recruiting new foster carers to meet the growing demands for placements given the ongoing humanitarian crisis and the impact of Covid-19 in communities across Ireland. For further information on becoming a foster carer please call (066) 7184513.
- DISCERNING A RELIGIOUS VOCATION? A Zoom meeting will take place on Saturday 1stOctober at 3.00p.m. To receive a link email: vocationspoorclarescork @gmail.com.
- KNOCKNAGREE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT GROUP LTD will hold their Church Gate Collection in Cullen on Sunday 2nd
WORLD DAY OF MIGRANTS & REFUGEES
This weekend we mark the 108th World Day of Migrants and Refugees and the theme chosen by Pope Francis is “Building the Future with Migrants and Refugees.” His message is simple:
“If we want to co-operate with our heavenly Father in building the future, let us do so together with our brothers and sisters who are migrants and refugees. Let us build the future today!”.
We ask God to protect and guide the refugees, migrants and asylum seekers in our community.