Twenty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
28th August 2022
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
All Masses are livestreamed on www.churchservices.tv/millstreet
Parish Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the Souls of the following:
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 27th August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Danny Creedon, Carrigacooleen
Sunday 28th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tade, Con, Molly & Denny Hickey, Gortnacreeha.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Pat Lane, Old Coach Avenue (recently deceased); Anna, Noel & Gillian Hartnett, Clara Road; Joe O’Sullivan, Claraghatlea.
ANNIVERSARIES: Patrick, Hanora & John Joseph Barrett, Tullig; John Joe Greaney, Lackabawn; Denis Kelleher, Lackabawn; Michael & Nellie O’Keeffe, Pound Hill; Nora Coleman, Murphy’s Terrace; Jerome & Amelia Pomeroy, Mountleader; Denny McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Keith Sheehan, Station Road; Nuala O’Riordan, Dromsicane; Jerh Noonan, Coolinarne; Sheila “Judy” Doocey, London & Murphy’s Terrace; Timmy & Peggy Cronin, New York & Millstreet; Dan, Jane, Val & Donal O’Connor, Cloghoulabeg & Dublin; Nora Duggan, Carriganima; John & Charlie Murphy, Waterville.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 3rd September:
Millstreet 6.15 p.m. John Cronin, Lackabawn; Con & Kate Murphy, Shanaknuck
Sunday 4th September:
Cullen 9.30a.m. The deceased members of the Twomey Family, Knockduff.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Nuala, Denis T. & Jerome O’Riordan, Dromsicane.
EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT every Tuesday in Millstreet Church from 10.30a.m. to 7.30p.m. All welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30pm.-1.00p.m.
|Rotas for Next Weekend 3rd/4th September|
|Millstreet||6.15 p.m.||Mary Ita Creedon||Clara Manley;
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen||Kathleen Kelleher;
|Cullen||9.30 a.m.||Noreen Meade||Joan O’Donoghue|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Willie Corcoran, Liscahane (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for James Maloney, Millstreet & England at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Tom & Bina Radley, The Square at 10.00a.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: There will be no Mass in Cullen next Thursday 1st
CULLEN CHURCH COLLECTOR: for Sunday 4th: Dan O’Sullivan
- MASS TIMES: Please note that change in Masses will begin next weekend – Vigil Mass will be at 6.15p.m; Mass in Cullen at 9.30a.m; No Mass in Ballydaly next Sunday 4th.
- SINGING/PLAYING AT MASS: We invite all singers who would like to join in giving glory and praise to God at Sunday morning 11.30a.m. Mass, to the first practice of the year on Wednesday 31stAugust at 8.00p.m. in Millstreet Church. Practice will be at 8.00p.m. each Wednesday and there is also an option to learn/practice the hymns online, to accommodate everyone. Instrumentalists would also be most welcome to share your gift of music each Sunday, or on a rota basis. If you would like to do so, please give your contact details to Sharon in the Parish Office. Thank you.
- Community Notices
- CLOGHOULA N.S. will reopen on Wednesday 31st
- CULLEN N.S. will reopen on Monday 29thAugust
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CAR RUN on Sunday 4th September in aid of Alzheimer Society. Sign in at The Bridge Bar – departing at 12.30p.m.
- THANK YOU from Dromtariffe Ladies club to everyone who supported the recent Church Gate Collection.
As a new school year starts, we pray for the students, teachers, all school staff and Boards of Management. We ask the Lord to guide, bless and protect them.