PALM SUNDAY – 10th April, 2022
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
9.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 9th April:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Con McSweeney, Toorenbawn;
Nancy Murphy, Cahirdowney
Sunday 10th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Tim Gallivan, London & Beaufort
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Jackie & Julia Murphy, Coolikerane;
Timmy & Mary Regan, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Timmy O’Connor, Dooneen;
William O’Leary, Dromnahilla
Anniversaries: Mons. Michael Manning; Phillis O’Shea, Minor Row; Anthony, John & Sr. Margaret Manley, The Square & London; Paddy Cronin, Murphy’s Terrace; Jimmy Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace; Patrick O’Donnell, Liscahane; Abina Killeen, Main Street; Deceased members of the Forde Family, Station Road; Mary O’Donoghue, Aubane; Peggy O’Sullivan, Rathduane; Fr. Luke Browne, Shanakiel.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 16th April:
Millstreet 9.00 p.m. Easter Vigil – Mass for People of the Parish
Sunday 17th April – Easter Sunday:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. People of the Parish
Millstreet 11.30 a.m.
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Dan & Bridget Collins, Cockhill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
DIVINE MERCY NOVENA will commence after Good Friday ceremonies (at 4.00p.m) and will continue for 9 days at 3.00p.m. in the Church finishing on Divine Mercy Sunday (24th April).
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in Millstreet Church every Tuesday 10.30a.m. -7.30p.m
CHRISM MASS: The Chrism Mass will take place in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney at 7.00p.m. on next Tuesday (12th).
In preparation for Easter Penitential Services will be held in our Pastoral area as follows:
Rathmore: This Sunday between 7.30 & 8.30p.m.
Millstreet: Monday from 7.30 to 8.30p.m.
I wish to acknowledge the generous response we received in the Parish for the
special collection in aid of the Ukrainian Crisis. The total returned from Millstreet was €3,035.00.
SYNODAL LISTENING SESSIONS
We have now completed the 2 Synodal Listening Sessions in our Pastoral Area and sincere thanks to those who attended and actively participated in the evenings. We have left individual questionnaire forms at the back of each Church if you were unable to attend our meetings but would still like to give your view. These can be returned to the Diocesan Office in Killarney directly.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the local collections, gave personal donations and to those who helped in anyway for Daffodil day. The generosity of everyone is much appreciated.
- AUBANE SOCIAL CLUB upcoming dates: Annual Table Quiz on Friday 15th April at 8.30p.m. Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday 16th April at 11.00a.m.- 1.30p.m.
- TROCAIRE BOXES can be returned to Parish Office during the coming week or envelopes for Trocaire can be dropped into collection buckets at Mass.
- PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE & MAYO departing on 25th This is an escorted pilgrimage and will include 4 nights full board in Knock House Hotel. Day trips to Westport, Ballintubber Abbey, Croagh Patrick, Fr. Peyton Centre & National Museum. Cost €570pp sharing & €75 single supplement. Contact Patricia (087) 1890236
- ROSARY AT THE GROTTOS: The Rosary will be prayed each day during the Month of May at grottos around Ireland. To see a list of locations or to register a grotto visit coastalrosaryireland.ie. You can also register by texting (087) 2786552. We are praying for Ireland and for peace in the world.
- PARISH OFFICE: Please forward any notices for Parish newsletter by Thursday this week as office will be closed on next Friday (Good Friday)
Holy Week CEREMONIES 2022
We invite you to enter into the spirit of Holy Week by joining us for the Holy Week Ceremonies which celebrate the anniversaries of the events of the Passion, death and Resurrection of Our Lord. They are taking place at the following times:
BALLYDALY Cullen Millstreet
Holy Thursday 6.30 p.m. 8.00p.m.
Mass of the Lord’s Supper
Good Friday —— 6.30p.m. 3.00p.m.
The Lord’s Passion
Polish Community – Blessing of Food 2.00p.m.
Easter Vigil 9.00p.m.
Altar of Repose
After Mass until After Mass until
|Holy Thursday||After Mass As announced|
|Good Friday||After The Liturgy of the Word|
|Holy Saturday||12.30 to 1.00 p.m.|
Stations of the Cross
|Good Friday||8.00p.m. 8.00p.m.|
Millstreet Ballydaly Cullen
|Mary Ita Cronin||
Jerry Doody (N)
Maria Kelleher (O)
Liam Fitzgerald (N)
Margaret Cooper (O)
|Easter Sunday||Margaret Kelleher||Dan O’Riordan||Marie Walsh|
|Easter Sunday||Breeda Fitzgerald;
VENERATION OF THE CROSS
As recommended by our Diocesan Liturgy Committee on Good Friday we will be placing a Cross on the Altar after our ceremonies in Millstreet & Cullen and inviting you to come forward and bow or genuflect in front of it and make a sign of the cross. This is a precaution due to the present situation with COVID19 and in an effort to keep our parishioners safe.
THOUGHT FOR HOLY WEEK FROM POPE FRANCIS
Fast from hurting words and say kind words; fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude; fast from anger and be filled with patience; fast from pessimism and be filled with hope; fast from worries and have trust in God. Fast from complaints, contemplate simplicity; fast from pressures and be prayerful; fast from bitterness, fill your hearts with joy; fast from selfishness and be compassionate; fast from grudges and be reconciled; fast from words be silent and listen.