Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 15th sept 2019
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Mary Ann, Dan & Peter Kelleher, Gneeves
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Tim, Tadhg & Kathleen Moynihan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Annie Murphy, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Kathleen Murphy, Drishane Road
ANNIVERSARIES: Eddie O’Mahony, Murphy’s Terrace; Paddy Healy, Pound Hill; Peter Desmond, Pound Hill; Dan Cronin, Pound Hill; Patrick & Mary Cotter & Con Duggan, Liscahane; Sheila Cronin, Main Street; Dick Barrett, The Square; Bridget Singleton, Mill Lane; Jim Wall, Station Road; Christy Kelleher, Kilmeedy; Julia & Paddy Buckley, Carrigacooleen; Nora & Daniel O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg; Patrick, Margaret & Maura Buckley, Ballyvouskil; Eugene & Eileen Cronin, Dromnahilla; Matt O’Riordan, Coolinaree; Dan Lehane, Tullig; Kathleen O’Donoghue, Aubane; Michael Casey, Tooreenbawn; Nora Tucker, Ballydaly; Lena Buckley, Cahirbarnagh; John & Jane O’Riordan, Two Gneeves; Eugene Cronin, Cullen.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Alan & Tommy O’Connor, Minor Row
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Cremin Family, Ballydaly.
Cullen 10.15a.m. Catherine & Emma Dineen, Carrigaline
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Nuala O’Riordan, Dromsicane (recently deceased), and Denis J. & Jerome O’Riordan
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Dan & Nonie Lehane, Tullig at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Jim Wall, Station Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Michael & Mary Collins, Fedamore at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Anna Hartnett, Clara Road (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 21st/22nd September, 2019
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Eileen Guerin||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Dominic Cronin||Group D|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (22nd): Nora O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Kit Hickey, Knockduff
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Saturday in Ballydaly Church from 10.30a.m. to 12.30p.m. All welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
- BALLYDALY HALL: Set dancing will resume on Wednesday 18th September between 8.30 & 10.00p.m. Everyone welcome. Coffee evening in aid of Marymount Hospice will be take place on Friday 20th September between 8.00 & 10.00p.m.
- INFORMATION SESSION for carers and families affected by Alzheimer’s will be held in the Millstreet Day Care Centre on Wednesday 18th September at 4.00p.m. This will be led by Home Instead. All welcome.
- COFFEE MORNING: Stokes & Co. Solicitors invite you to join them for Ireland’s biggest morning for Hospice on Thursday 19th September at Aroma Café between 10.30 & 12 noon. All welcome.
- CULTURE NIGHT – FRIDAY 20th SEPTEMBER: To celebrate culture night there will be a display by local photographers, groups and individuals of photography, arts & crafts in the E-Centre, The Square from 6.00p.m. this will be followed by musical entertainment by local groups in The Wallis Arms at 7.00p.m.
- CULLEN CULTURE NIGHT – 20th SEPTEMBER: Traditional music stories, songs, dancing from recent Fleadh cheoils and try your hand at playing pipes and drums at Cullen Community Centre between 8.00 & 10.30p.m.
- CULLEN PIPE BAND: Classes in piping and drumming commencing shortly in Cullen Pipe band hall. All ages welcome. Enquiries (087) 2347651.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Set dancing recommences on Monday 23rd September at 9.15a.m.
- NIGHT OF CELEBRATION: On next Saturday night 21st September Millstreet GAA Club and Cullen GAA Club will celebrate the All-Ireland victories of the Cork minor and U20 footballers. The parade in Millstreet will begin from the Square at 7.00pm. and proceed to the GAA Hall where there will be welcome speeches and an opportunity to meet the players and view both cups. At 8.30p.m. a parade will take place in Cullen from the handball ally to the hall with the players also present for everyone to meet. We encourage everyone to come out and join this special night.