Pentecost Sunday – 31st May, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
ANNIVERSARIES: Kathleen & Jackie Forde, Murphy’s Terrace; Bridget (Ciss) Murphy, Tanyard; Donal O’Riordan, Tullig; Angela Pomeroy, Willowbrook & London; Katie & Paddy Kelleher, Moulnahorna & Church Street; Hugh O’Keeffe, Glountane & Boherbue; Eddie & Peg Forde, Mologhroe.
AS RESTRICTIONS CONTINUE IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19 THE FOLLOWING IS THE SCHEDULE OF MASSES FOR THE WEEK AHEAD WHICH WILL BE CELEBRATED BY FR. FITZGERALD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & TRANSMITTED ON OUR CHURCH TV.
- SUNDAY (31st) at 11.30a.m: Mass is for People of the Parish
- THERE WILL BE NO MASS ON MONDAY (1st) JUNE
- MASS ON TUESDAY (2nd) for Denis, John, Madge & the deceased members of the Murphy family, Lisnaboy at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON WEDNESDAY (3rd) for Brendan Kiely, Station Road at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON THURSDAY (4th) for Donal Cowman, Drishane Road at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON FRIDAY (5th) for (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON NEXT SUNDAY 7th JUNE WILL BE FOR ALL THOSE BURIED IN OUR CEMETERIES IN THE PARISH: The Churchyard Cemetery, St. Mary’s Cemetery, Drishane Cemetery, The Cillín Cemetery, Cullen Cemetery and St. Liathiaran’s Cemetery.
EACH OF THESE MASSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON CORK MUSIC STATION (corkmusicstation.com)
The Parish office continues to be closed to the public until 8th June but our secretary can still be contacted by phone (029 70043) or email for anniversary inclusions, mass cards or any other queries. Thank you to everyone who has returned their envelopes over the past number of weeks. Your support and encouragement is always appreciated.
We ask our Lady to continue to protect our Parish and families during this pandemic. Our Lady pray for us.
OPENING OF CHURCHES
Over the coming weeks we will be preparing our Churches for the return of Masses and this will be carried out in line with the guidelines which are currently being prepared by our Bishops in accordance with Government guidelines. Once these are received, I will be sharing them with you and asking for your continued co-operation. The return of Mass will be very different and the safety of our parishioners will be paramount.
After long and careful consideration, I am suggesting that from 8th June the weekday Masses, which will continue to be said behind closed doors, will be multi-intentional and will be the Masses booked for March, April & May which had to be postponed due to Covid19. Each family will be contacted by our Parish office over the coming week and I trust you will give this temporary arrangement careful consideration due to the extraordinary times we are in. Masses will continue to be transmitted on our local TV and on corkmusicstation.com.
I ask you to please continue to adhere to the precautions in place when you visit our Churches for private prayer:
- The safest way to visit is to “walk around, stand and pray, don’t sit down and touch nothing.
- Please use hand sanitisers in each Church and remember sanitise carefully as you enter and there is no risk of you bringing in the virus on your hands.
- Sanitise your hands as you exit and there is no risk of you bringing the virus out on your hands.
- Practice social distancing and follow signage
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK AHEAD
Often, when we lose hope and think this is the end,
God smiles from above and says
“Relax, it’s just a bend, not the end”.