Twenty Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time
10th October 2021
Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P.
Telephone Nos.: Landline: 029 70043 & Mobile: 087 775 2948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
Parish Office Opening Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
RECENT DEATHS: Johnny Hickey, Cullen; Detta Corcoran, Pound Hill; Kay Mangan, Ennis.
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 9th October:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m.: Catherine & Seán Buckley, Kilcorney
Sunday 10th October
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Kathleen O’Sullivan, Ballydaly & her son Timmy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dan Buckley, Geararoe; Deceased members of the McSweeney Family, Cloghoulamore.
ANNIVERSARIES: Theresa Murphy, West End; Kevin Cronin, Clara Road; Patrick & Margaret O’Sullivan, Liscreagh & Lackabawn; Bridie Herlihy, Glountane; Ian O’Dowling, Cork; David Twomey, Ardfert; Dan & Eily Keane, Ballymacelligott; Jerry O’Donoghue, Fethard.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 16th October:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Ellizabeth & Denis Dennehy, Pound Hill & their daughter Sheila Sherlock
Sunday 17th September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Andrew, Joan & Andrew Patrick Guerin, Knocknagullane
Cullen 10.15a.m. Con & Nellie Kerins, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. People of the Parish
Monday 11th: Funeral Mass at 12 noon for Detta Corcoran, Pound Hill
Mass at 7.30p.m. for Private Intention
Mass on Tuesday: for Theresa Murphy, West End at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Nellie Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace (recently deceased) her husband Denis “Strack”, son Thomas and daughter Eileen at 7.30p.m.
|Rotas for Next Weekend 16th/17th October|
|Millstreet||6.30 p.m.||Mary Ita Creedon||Judy Reardon;
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin||Mary Buckley
|Ballydaly||9.00 a.m.||Dan O’Riordan|
|Cullen||10.15 a.m.||Gillian McCarthy|
LEGION OF MARY on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Mass on Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Nell & Jackie Donnelly, Derragh
INVITATION TO EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS & READERS
I invite Eucharistic Ministers and Readers who had opted out of these ministries during Covid to consider returning after 22nd October. Please contact our Parish Office so that you can be included in our rotas.
We will continue our booking system for all weekend Masses and Thursday night Mass in Cullen until we receive updates from our Government and Diocese regarding the easing of restrictions.
- AUBANE SOCIAL CLUB will host a tractor run on this Sunday in aid of Aubane Community Centre. Registration at 11.45a.m. and run commences at 12.30p.m. Further details from John Twomey (087) 2844630
- MILLSTREET GAA ANNUAL PERPETUAL CUPS on Sunday 17thin Town Park at 11.00a.m.
- CULLEN NATIONAL SCHOOL: COPPER CHALLENGE: We are asking you to dig deep in the pockets of your cars, your money jars and down the back of the sofa for all the loose unused 1c, 2c, & 5c copper coins you may have lying around the house. All copper coins can be kindly dropped to Cullen school anytime between 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday, Cullen Creamery, Super Valu Millstreet, Guerin’s shop Ballydaly & Pasty’s Style Option Cullen. Proceeds in aid of our new school pitch upgrade
- Diocese of Kerry Mission Month Online Event: We Cannot Remain Silent‘We cannot but speak about what we have seen and heard’. Join Missionaries as they share their experience of working in Sudan and South Sudan. Talk will take place on Thursday 21st October at 8pm. Register on https://www.dioceseofkerry.ie. For further information contact email desbailey @dioceseofkerry.ie or phone 064 6632644
- Lectio Divina: Drink from your own well(St Bernard of Clairvaux). An introduction to the reading, reflection and prayer of the Gospels for anyone who seeks a way towards hope, wisdom and faith in day-to-day life Presented by Fr Seamus O’Connell on Learning to pray the scriptures from your life. 3 Sessions: Mondays 18 Oct & 1st Nov 7.30pm – 9pm (zoom) and Saturday 13 Nov. Tralee and Zoom. To register email office @stjohns.ie and please put ‘Lectio Divina’ in Subject line. Phone 087 6873208.