Eircode: P51 W983
Eircode: P51 K316
PARISH WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Monday January 18th to Sunday January 24th
Fr Tom Leane
The Presbytery, Dromagh, Mallow, Co. Cork. Eircode: P51 YWF1
Tel: (029)78096 Mob: (087) 2300565 Parish Office: Secretary Evelyn O’Sullivan
Open Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Tel: (029)78096
Safeguarding Children Representatives: Margaret McCarthy & John Cronin
Designated Liaison Person Kerry Diocese: 087 6362 780
Priest on Duty Sunday 24th Fr Tom Leane (029) 78096 / 087 2300565
Priest on Duty Sunday 31st Fr Joe Tarrant (064) 7751104 / 086 3978642
My dear parishioners,
Still strange times and we seek God’s powerful presence in the midst of this pandemic. It will pass. As we are not allowed public Masses, I will continue to have Mass privately according to the Station Areas Rota in this newsletter and any special or anniversary intentions that you need.
I am drawing your intention to the Online Diocesan Mission (first ever). You have to register to get access and the back page of this newsletter has all the information. There are some great speakers each day and meditation and some prayer as you see. Hopefully the younger generation will help the elderly in setting it up.
May the Lord give you strength and endurance and good health.
MASS TIMES & INTENTIONS WEEK BEGINNING 18th January
We sincerely thank all our parishioners who have been so generous in handing in their Fund envelopes (and dues), even when the churches were closed. Thanks for your commitment to your parish that enables us to keep paying the bills. We also thank all those who have handed in Fund envelopes this new year 2021. The amount received last week was €300.
Please God we will be able to return to more normal life and practice as soon as possible. Keep safe and may God’s blessing be upon you all.
The information on dates, times &Station Areas Masses can be found:
- The parish newsletter in both churches.
- Diocesan website: dioceseofkerry.ie go to Dromtariffe Parish- newsletter
- Dromtariffe G.A.A. Facebook
- Duhallow Area Newsletter on Facebook
- If you wish to receive the parish newsletter via email, please let us know.
Please check these sources of information for any changes and for future info.
Masses From Monday 18th January to Sunday 31st January 2021
Diocesan Youth and Young Adult Pro
’ Instagram Youth Project”
Let Us Dream, The Path to a Better Future
Pope Francis invites us to dream of the future and to see, to choose and to act to create a better future for all.
What kind of future do you hope for and how will it be achieved?
Share your ideas through one the following categories:
Art, Photography, Poetry or Video (up to 1min)
All entries can be submitted directly to Instagram @youthDoK or by email to <email> up to 24th January 2021. Participants must be between 16 and 30 years old. The entries will be posted on the diocesan Instagram page and on www.dioceseofkerry.ie during the week of the diocesan mission. Prizes for best entry in each category. Please contact Des Bailey Ph. 086 736 4605 for more details.
Diocesan Online Mission
The Diocesan Mission begins next Sunday Jan 24th and runs to Friday 29th Jan. The Mission, Be Christ’s Joy, offers an opportunity for people to gather in reflection and in prayer, online and in the home. Like the traditional Parish Mission, all are welcome to participate. We invite you to REGISTER HERE on the Diocesan Website: www.dioceseofkerry.ie, for the Mission and to please encourage others to do the same. On registration you will get an email each morning of the Mission offering links to all the daily Mission Activities. The Mission booklet is available in Derrinagree & Dromagh Churches and online on the diocesan website – www.dioceseofkerry.ie.
Mission talk each evening @ 8.00 p.m.
- Sunday’s speaker – John Connell,author, journalist, farmer.
- Monday’s speaker – Martina Lehane Sheehan, spiritual guide, psychotherapist, author
- Tuesday’s speaker – Fr Peter McVerry, social activist, advocate for the homeless, Jesuit priest
- Wednesday’s speaker – Jane Mellett, activist, environmentalist and Laudato Si Trócaire worker
- Thursday’s speaker – Br Richard Hendricks, spiritual teacher, poet and blogger, Franciscan brother.
- Friday’s speaker – Olive Foley, widow of Axel Foley and ambassador for Children’s Bereavement Services, Limerick.
Each day, you are invited to join in
- Morning Reflection – online
- Daily Prayer – Mission booklet can be picked up in your local parish or downloaded from the website
- Daily Mass @ 10. 30 a.m. – Send in your petitions online to have them included in the Mission Mass
- Children’s Pray and Play– online
- Evening Reflection – online
You can also tune into Mission 2021 on Horizons and Just a Thought with Radio Kerry, also on Facebook and Instagram.
For further information, go to www.dioceseofkerry.ie