EIGHteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 2ND aUGUST, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom Masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: John Kelleher, Mountleader.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 1st August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis Healy, Tullig
Sunday 2nd August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John & Bridget Murphy, Ballydaly,
their daughter Breeda Trend & her husband Michael.
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Peg O’Mahony, Knocknageeha, her daughters
Theresa Twomey, Rathcoole & Marian Finnerty,
Castleknock and her son-in-law Francis Higgins, Newmarket.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane.
Anniversaries: Dan Joe Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace; Philip O’Shea, Murphys’ Terrace; Liam Barry, Lackabawn; Jeremiah, Margaret & Mary Dennehy, Mountleader; Dan Casey, Carrigacooleen; Jer Lane, Ballinatona; Danny & the deceased members of the Healy Family, Keim; Humphrey O’Donoghue, Aubane; John Tarrant, Liscreagh; Donagh Hickey, Eagloune; Mary Walsh, Knocknageeha; Paudie O’Keeffe, Cullen; Gavin Tarrant, Rathcoole; William & Julia O’Riordan, Laught; Bill Crowley, Coole & Cork.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 8th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Hannah & Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 9th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the McCarthy families, Coolinarne & Boherbue
Cullen 10.15a.m. Helena Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. John, Anthony, Hannah & Con Dennehy, Murphy’s Terrace
|Rotas for Next Weekend 8th/9th August|
|Millstreet||6.30 p.m.||Maria Kelleher||Kathleen O’Leary & Mary Coleman|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin||Rose Murphy & Martina Sheehan|
|Ballydaly||9.00 a.m.||Eileen Guerin|
|Cullen||10.15 a.m.||Herlihy Family|
Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
There will be no Mass on Monday
Mass on Tuesday for (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday at 7.30p.m. for Maurice Dennehy, Drishane Road; Mary &
John Weir, Ballyvourney; Breeda Hickey, Claraghatlea.
Mass on Thursday at 7.30p.m. for:
Donagh Hickey, Eagloune
REMINDER OF GUIDELINES
- Parishioners must continue to ring the Parish to reserve a place at all weekend Masses and Thursday night Mass in Cullen.
- Parishioners attending Mass should wear a face covering in the Church. (Please note that face coverings are not suitable for children under the age of 13 and that not everyone will feel comfortable wearing a face covering. While the wearing of a face covering is recommended it is not mandatory.
- We will have ushers in the Church to meet you, remind you to sanitise and to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors.
- Holy Communion will be given by the Priest and a Eucharistic Minister who will be wearing a face covering.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass and we are asking that you do not congregate in the Church yard after leaving the Churches.
- Toilets will remain closed.
- At Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
Stay close to God as you stay where you