Reliable local woman available for cleaning of Houses, Offices, Bar , B and B’s , Holiday Homes and end of tenancy etc. Available weekly, forthnightly, monthly or as a once off for all your cleaning needs. Very experienced and trustworthy can provide references if required please contact me on 087 1097516
Double Room For Rent Tanyard Wood Keith 0871234170
Tonight…on this Tuesday 21st July 2020… on “Radio Treasures” broadcast on Cork Music Station 9:30 to 11:00pm we feature our regular items with a splendid blend of uplifting songs and music as well as a variety of interesting musings. Among the Treasures to feature tonight:
- Our special Interview at Rockchapel (following our 10pm Dooneen Interview to which we refer below) on Sat. 18th July 2020 when the hugely impressive cheque of €2,148.30 was officially presented to Jim from “Bumbleance”.
- We join at 10pm our great Friends from ROCS (Reach Out Cancer Support) who this very evening had a social outdoor get together at the superbly welcoming home and exquisite garden of Michelle and Patrick O’Keeffe at Dooneen, Millstreet.
- We remember our Faithful Departed especially Julie and Betty. We recall Anne Keane on her First Anniversary.
- We hear some very special songs such a “Flying by” composed by Davy Ryan and “When the Robins Return” wonderfully sung by Paudie McAuliffe from Shrone. And with the help of James Wickham of Minnesota, USA we again hear the amazing singing voice of Kate Smith – the “American Dame Vera Lynn”.
- We talk about Jerry Pat O’Leary’s superb recent 90 minute Podcast.
- And we chat about the images shared here:
In memory of Jack Charlton today a photo of the fabulous flag produced by Tommy Burke of Clara Toys which accompanied a group of local soccer enthusiasts to Italy for World Cup 1990.
Dia is Mhuire díobh go léir a chairde, and welcome to my report.
Say what you like, I pity the publicans. The Bar business is their livelihood and no community is complete without them. A well run bar can be a wonderful thing, a place where to meet a friend or have a party, or run a fundraiser, the list goes on. But their future has been dragged along, in an atmosphere of uncertainty for months. When they were told they could open on Monday July 20 they left no stone unturned to pave the way for their grand opening with public health a priority. With only days to go they stocked up with all the drinks etc. and then the ax fell again. It’s nobody’s fault. The powers that be had no option but to call a halt because of the many new outbreaks of Covid19 in the country. We look to them to protect us and if they didn’t there would be uproar all over the place. It’s just that the publicans are in that sort of business that isn’t easy to lay down rules which will be right for everybody.
The pubs are part of what we are and I hope it won’t be long before we will see them back in business again.
|From Monday 27th July to Sunday 23rd August|
|Dromagh Church||Derrinagree Church||Dromagh Church||Derrinagree Church||Dromagh Church|
|Monday 27 July||Wednesday 29 July||Thursday 30 July||Saturday 1 August||Sunday 2 August|
|Drominagh & Dromskehy||Keale||Fortgrady, Bolomore & Knockbrack||Laught Upper & Lower||Dromahoe & Killetra|
|Monday 3 August||Wednesday 5 August||Thursday 6 August||Saturday 8 August||Sunday 9 August|
|Ducleagh, Dromagh & Rossglass||Knockanroe, Derrygallon, Gurranebawn & Farrandoyle||Prohus & Knockcahill||Gurrane, Killetra & Minehill||Ardrahan, Lisnacon, Killinane & Derrinamona|
|Monday 10 August||Wednesday 12 August||Thursday 13 August||Saturday 15 August||Sunday 16 August|
|Paal & Kileenleigh||Curraraigue Lower, Middle, Upper & Knockbrack||Kilcolman & Garraveasogue||The Island, Derrinagree & Clonbanin||Coolclough & Gurteen|
|Monday 17 August||Wednesday 19 August||Thursday 20 August||Saturday 22 August||Sunday 23 August|
|Rathcoole & Radharc na Coille||Meenskehy, Knocknacurracoush, Coolclougher, Skagh & Stakehill||Dysert & Dromtariffe||Rathroe, Lyrevocane, Moher & Clenrath||Ballymaquirke & Dromalour|