Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie www.dioceseof kerry.ie
Mass Intentions this Weekend:
Saturday 11th July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Jer & Han O’Leary, Toorbonia and their son Neile
Sunday 12th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Margaret & the deceased members of the
Buckley family, Toorbonia
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Bridget Hickey, Mologhroe
Val & Katie O’Leary
Matty O’Leary, Milleen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael & Judy O’Riordan, Kippagh and their
John & the deceased members of the Ring family, Eagloune
Anniversaries: Patsy Tarrant, Coole; Theresa Murphy, Minor Row; Billy O’Shea, Minor Row; Breda Hickey, Claraghatlea; Mary Kiely, Liscahane; Bonnie Morley, Lislehane; Margaret Casey, San Francisco; Nora Twomey, Kilcorney; Joan Fitzpatrick, Dromahoe & Canon O’Donovan Centre.
Mass Intentions for next weekend:
Saturday 18th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Séamus O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Sunday 19th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy
Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15a.m. Mary & Jimmy Walsh, Knocknageeha
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Anne Keane, Pound Hill
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (13th) for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday (14th) for Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (15th) for Fr. Sean Fagan S.M., Mullingar & Dublin; Nora Kelleher, Kilmeedy at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (16th) for Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday (17th) for Patsy Tarrant, Coole at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday (18th) for Tessie McAuliffe, Murphy’s Terrace and Sheila O’Connell, Murphy’s Terrace (both recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
Mass on next Thursday (16th) at 7.30p.m. for Marian Finnerty, Castleknock & Knocknageeha.
My thanks to everyone who has attended Mass during the past week and with your co-operation and patience everything has gone well. As you are aware on last Friday evening larger Churches are now permitted to allow a larger number to attend ceremonies so as of this weekend the permitted number in Millstreet Church is 120.
However, we are asking that you still contact the Parish office to reserve a place as we need to monitor the attendance number.
The figure of 50 will stay in place for Ballydaly and Cullen until restrictions are revised by the Government and NPHET. The following are the main points to note:
- Parishioners must continue to ring the Parish (during working hours) to reserve a place. This applies to each Mass in our Churches (Millstreet, Ballydaly and Cullen).
- Parishioners attending Mass should wear a face covering in the Church. (Please note that face coverings are not suitable for children under the age of 13 and that not everyone will feel comfortable wearing a face covering. While the wearing of a face covering is recommended it is not mandatory.
- We will have ushers in the Church to meet you, remind you to sanitise and to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors.
- Holy Communion will be given by the Priest and a Eucharistic Minister who will be wearing a face covering.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass and we are asking that you do not congregate in the Church yard after leaving the Churches.
- Toilets will remain closed.
- At Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches.
I want to acknowledge the work that Seán Radley has done with broadcasting our daily Mass during the lock-down. This was a source of great comfort to Parishioners far and wide and it gave them a connection with home. However, as Churches are now permitted to have public Masses with increased numbers the transmission of daily Masses will finish on this Thursday 16th July, the broadcasting of our 11.30a.m. Mass on Sunday’s will continue. Sincere thanks to Seán and Cork Music Station for the service they have provided to our Church. To access the Mass Broadcast just log into www.corkmusicstation.com .